Thor (2011 Movie)  » Movies  »
  • With the resurgence of comic book movies this year, I guess I was feeling a bit burnt out, but this one is definitely worth your time if only for Chris Hemsworth's movie-making performance
  • I liked the involvement of Natalie Portman's character, even though I found her a bit awkward in this movie
  • I really enjoyed the movie overall, and it is definitely entertaining
  • Hemsworth really brings it to life by creating such a likable character, so I would recommend checking it out

• by Melanie Noell

I didn’t go to this movie expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. With the resurgence of comic book movies this year, I guess I was feeling a bit burnt out, but this one is definitely worth your time if only for Chris Hemsworth’s movie-making performance.

I’m not a comic book fan, so I’m sure I missed out on a few things, but even if you don’t read comics, this movie has a good story. And they do a great job at including everyone. I never felt like I was missing

out on anything like some movies based on other types of work leave me feeling. Although I’m not sure if it’s based on a specific comic, the story is well-written and enjoyable. I liked the involvement of Natalie Portman’s character, even though I found her a bit awkward in this movie. My only criticism is that the story was a bit predictable for me, but I am the type to look for the plot twists.

The real reason this movie won me over was Chris Hemsworth. He’s a very attractive actor,

• of course, but I really fell in love with the character. He plays Thor as arrogant but charming. Thor seems like he would be a really difficult character to like because he is a cocky god, but Hemsworth brings such charisma that you forgive him. He’s just oozing with charm, and because of how he plays the character, you can tell that despite his flaws, there is good in him. That’s what really made the movie for me.

The visual effects left something to be desired, but perhaps it was the

intention of the movie makers to give it a slightly unrealistic quality since its based on comics. I’m not sure, but it isn’t necessarily my style. The plot has a tendency to get a bit ridiculous, but it’s forgivable since it’s about a superhero.

I really enjoyed the movie overall, and it is definitely entertaining. This is by no means an Oscar-winning drama, but it’s a good action movie that entertains its viewers. Hemsworth really brings it to life by creating such a likable character, so I would recommend checking it out.

Andrew Leither says :

It’s nice to know you were surprised watching the movie and that you were pleasantly surprised by it. I have not seen it but there are a lot of reviews here and it’s good to know where to go and look for information on a movie product or a book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130121555240131/k2311a1230/12.30.11