Comfort Inn in Marietta, Ohio  » Hotels  »
700 Pike St, Marietta, OH 45750
  • Although it's definitely not a top of the line hotel, it made for a comfortable stay at a relatively good price
  • When I was there, I believe there was a hot tub under construction
  • The hotel is quite large, and it seems very clean, which I love

• by Melanie Noell

I stopped at this hotel when I was too tired to finish a long drive, and I was relatively pleased with what I got. Although it’s definitely not a top of the line hotel, it made for a comfortable stay at a relatively good price.

Since Marietta is a hub of activity on the Ohio River (at least when you compare it to the barren surrounding areas), I was expecting to pay somewhere around $100 for the room. Especially

since I stayed when Labor Day was approaching. The room costed $100 as the base price; it ended up being around $120 with a pet fee and taxes. I will say that I had two pets, and paying $10 for both of them for the night is far cheaper than I get away with at most other hotels. I would definitely consider them a very pet-friendly hotel!

They have a really great pool area that’s absolutely huge. It’s also ...

• somewhat landscaped which is really cool, although it is a bit odd to see plants and landscaping around an indoor pool! When I was there, I believe there was a hot tub under construction? Or at least part of the pool area. So it may be even nicer now!

The staff were pleasant, though definitely not the MOST friendly I’ve run into. They were pretty average. The hotel is quite large, and it seems very clean, which I love.

Our rooms were also quite clean, and I liked the beds a lot. They were somewhat hard which is more my taste, but I’m sure they won’t suit everyone. The room itself was very comfortable, spacious and had nice linens. The bathroom was also cleaner than most hotel bathrooms which made me very happy!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was passing through. It’s a bit pricey, but it was a very comfortable stay and extremely pet friendly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 230121555230131/k2311a1230/12.30.11