Hall Pass (2011 Movie)  » Movies  »
  • I guess what first won me over about this movie is that the women experience a week off from their marriage, too, making the whole situation much more balanced
  • The movie is a wonderful romantic comedy, and they definitely don't forget the comedy part

• by Melanie Noell

Starring Owen Wilson and Jason Sudeikis, “Hall Pass” is about two guys who get to take a week off from marriage, no strings attached. After watching the trailer, I realized that movies like this are why I get so mad at the male population. A week off marriage? How is that even fair? But somehow, I gave in to seeing the movie, and it actually turned out to be my favorite comedy of the year.

I guess what first won me over about this

movie is that the women experience a week off from their marriage, too, making the whole situation much more balanced. As each couple’s week progresses, I started to see this genuine sincerity between the two couples in very different ways. And it was OK - it was more than OK. It was a justification that different people show their love in different ways, and I really started to care about everyone involved. About half way through, I began rooting for them to get ...

• through the week and get back together despite really disliking Sudeikis’s character in the beginning.

The movie is a wonderful romantic comedy, and they definitely don’t forget the comedy part. There are some uproariously funny scenes in this movies, like the kind that will stick in your memory for months afterwards. I haven’t laughed that hard since “Wedding Crashers,” which is ironically another Owen Wilson film. Although the film takes a bit of a dramatic, over-the-top turn near the end, it works with the

style of comedy in the movie. And it’s just the right ending. There’s actually a part that is so touching (at least for me because it really hit home) that I cried. You’ll have to see it to see why, but imagine laughing hysterically and crying in the same movie!

This was definitely my favorite romantic comedy of the year. There’s not really much that could compare to this movie. It’s hilarious and touching, and the cast is fantastic. This is a must-see movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121121553530431/k2311a1221/12.21.11