The Flaming Lips - There You Are: Jesus Song No. 7 (Song)
  • In my opinion, I didn’t really enjoy the sound present throughout the previous track, God Walks Among Us Now
  • At the same time, although I think that this track is certainly a step up from the preceding song, I’ll still acknowledge that the songwriting on this track and overall sound isn’t incredibly impressive
  • Overall, the song has an interesting enough guitar pattern and Coyne’s vocal performance is fitting, but I still wouldn’t say that this song blows me away
  • Despite this, it’s a solid track nonetheless and I would recommend it as one of the songs from this album to look into, though possibly after some of the other songs on the record

• by grimmy101

There You Are: Jesus Song No. 7 is a song by The Flaming Lips which appears as the eighth song on their fourth release, In A Priest Driven Ambulance.

In strict contrast to the preceding track on this record, There You Are: Jesus Song No.

7 returns the album to a far more somber sound which is basically thanks to the acoustic guitar pattern present on this song and the way Coyne chooses to deliver

and sing his lyrics.

In my opinion, I didn’t really enjoy the sound present throughout the previous track, God Walks Among Us Now: Jesus Song No.

6, so the drastic change in sound is certainly welcome.

At the same time, although I think that this track is certainly a step up from the preceding song, I’ll still acknowledge that the songwriting on this track and overall sound isn’t incredibly impressive.

Though a solid track, There ...

• You Are: Jesus Song No.

7 still lacks something about it to really push it forward to the ranks of a great track.

I should say that if you’ve found yourself a fan of the more aggressive work by The Flaming Lips, you may want to let this song go by because the instrumentation stays stripped down for the entire track and Coyne doesn’t’ alter his vocal performance too much.

However, I’ve personally been waiting for

a track where the band explores a somber mood throughout and they certainly do that here.

Overall, the song has an interesting enough guitar pattern and Coyne’s vocal performance is fitting, but I still wouldn’t say that this song blows me away.

Despite this, it’s a solid track nonetheless and I would recommend it as one of the songs from this album to look into, though possibly after some of the other songs on the record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421121553330331/k2311a1221/12.21.11