Ritelite Wireless Four Head 12 LED Under Cabinet Lights  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • I bought these lights because I need for a solution to my closet lighting
  • When I saw this fixture at Bed Bath & Beyond I thought it would be the perfect solution for my closet
  • It was definitely advertised as a solution for closets
  • I like any kind of lighting that I buy to be as flexible and adaptable as possible
  • But, unfortunately the light is so poor that it doesn't help even as supplemental lighting, and to me the quality of the light so unnatractive that I wouldn't even consider it for mood lighting

• by Fortune Cookie

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I bought these lights because I need for a solution to my closet lighting. I don’t have much natural light coming in my bedroom, so my bedroom closet is always very dark inside. I have an overhead closet light that works great, but the pull chain broke off a while ago and so now I can’t reach it to turn on or off the light. Right now, doing so means standing on my tip toes on a chair and reaching for the little bit of chain still attached to the light fixture. it’s annoying and dangerous to operate this light so usually I don’t bother.

When I saw this fixture at Bed Bath & Beyond I thought it would be the perfect solution for my closet. It was definitely advertised as a solution for closets. I liked that it’s cordless, so no need to call a handy man or electrician. Great, I thought. It was a bit expensive, but I figured it was worth it. I also didn’t let it bother me that it takes six, that’s right, six AAA batteries to operate this thing. I

figured the LED lights would be super bright and they would last a long time because I would only be using them when I needed to see my clothes.

I like any kind of lighting that I buy to be as flexible and adaptable as possible. When I was looking at these lights in the store I was really impressed with the design. The lights have a modern industrial look and reminds me of a miniature version of track lighting. I liked the fact that there’s two brightness settings and that each light can be swivelled and pointed a different direction. I also liked that I had options as far as installing this light. I could choose to use either the adhesive strips or use the holes in the back to hang it.

The thing is, when I brought it into my closet to decide where I should hang it I found that it didn’t light my closet very well at all. I’ve usually had positive experiences with LED lighting. Unfortunately the quality of these light is very cold and dim, like the light from an aquarium ...

• or something. Despite the fact that there’s four lights, each of them just casts a pathetic little spot light on whatever it is pointed at. I shine these lights in my closet I can’t see my shoes or my purses, and I can’t see into the corners of my closet where I keep my coats and dresses. I can only see the few clothing items that are in the direct path of the lights, and not very well at that. The cold LED lights don’t register colors very well which is a problem when you’re picking out an outfit. Previously, I’d been making do with a flashlight for this. I was really surprised that these lights didn’t work any better than that.

Also, I discovered that the adhesive strips are not strong enough to hold this light to the wall. The light is too heavy or the adhesive not strong enough, or both. It just falls of the wall after a few seconds. Anyway, that annoyed me and I wish they wouldn’t have bothered including them. One thing I do enjoy is the on/off button.

It’s located conveniently in the middle of the panel and it’s easy for my fingers to find it to turn on the light, even in a darkened room.

I have since taken this light down. I wish this light would’ve worked out better for me. But, unfortunately the light is so poor that it doesn’t help even as supplemental lighting, and to me the quality of the light so unnatractive that I wouldn’t even consider it for mood lighting. I tried doing things like using it on a shelf to light a painting or a vase, and the effect was ghastly, rather than romantic.

This light gets style points for being a cool looking light fixture. The on/off switch is handy, it last a long time and I guess you can see better with it than without any light at all. Maybe that’s enough for some people. However, I have not been able to find any purpose for it at all in my home. Personally, I expected a lot more for my twenty bucks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321121553310331/k2311a1221/12.21.11