The Flaming Lips - God Walks Among Us: Jesus Song No. 6 (Song)
2.5
  • Although I didn’t think that the two preceding tracks on the album were perfect my any means, I think that it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the band seems to do better with more melodic tracks than the aggressive sound they try to go for here
  • While Hear it Is and Oh My Gawd, the band’s first two records, certainly had plenty of these more aggressive tracks, it definitely sounds as if the band has gotten to a point in their songwriting where a song like this simply doesn’t seem satisfying at all
  • Although I don’t enjoy more aggressive tracks with this fuzzy quality to them even from the start, I would recommend that a listener stay away from this song because it strikes me as incredibly mediocre and the band had far better pieces throughout the album

• by grimmy101

God Walks Among Us Now: Jesus Song No. 6 is a song by the Flaming Lips and the seventh song to appear on their fourth release, In A Priest Driven Ambulance.

In contrast to the two preceding songs on this record, this song returns the band to a more aggressive sound.

becoming clearer and clearer that the band seems to do better with more melodic tracks than the aggressive sound they try to go for here.

While Hear it Is and Oh My Gawd, the band’s first two records, certainly had plenty of these more aggressive tracks, it definitely sounds as if the band has gotten to a point in their songwriting where a song like this simply doesn’t seem satisfying at all.

Although ...

• I could see some listeners enjoying this track, there are a few things about it that I don’t like.

In terms of music, there is a very fuzzy quality to all the instruments which really blurs the clarity of the track.

I should mention that this also occurs with Coyne’s vocals throughout the entire song as well and particularly toward the end of the track.

To be blunt, the sound on this track simply

doesn’t compete with what the Flaming Lips are capable and what they showed they were capable of on several instances throughout this album, including several of the preceding tracks.

Although I don’t enjoy more aggressive tracks with this fuzzy quality to them even from the start, I would recommend that a listener stay away from this song because it strikes me as incredibly mediocre and the band had far better pieces throughout the album.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421121553300331/k2311a1221/12.21.11