Applebees Restaurant Monroe, NC  » Restaurants  »
0.5
2239 West Roosevelt Boulevard, Monroe, NC
  • My husband and I like to frequent new restaurants in our area as well as stick to our classic restaurants that have proven to be quality dining for us
  • We then asked for a manager and explained to him our experience
  • He said ok, no problem and let us know that he would have our food right out

• by Michelle Andrade

My husband and I like to frequent new restaurants in our area as well as stick to our classic restaurants that have proven to be quality dining for us. When I was single I used to go to Applebees for dinner at least once a month. Everytime I had superb service and great food. This past month my husband and I were planning our date night and choose to try an Applebees here in Charlotte, NC. I don’t know if I was young and had immature tastes years ago but when we went to this Applebees expecting good service and great

food we were disapointed.

The server had our order all wrong. I got a dish I didn’t order and my husband’s dish was all mixed up. When we showed this to our server she made excusses for herself and blamed it all on the cooks. She told us they were lazy and didn’t care about the customers. I’m sorry but you don’t throw your co-workers under the bus, esp. in front of customers.

She offered to get us the correct dish and we agreed. After she left we didn’t see our food for over 30 min. By the way I failed ...

• to mention that there was only one other table she was serving in the entire restaurant because we came to dinner at 4:00pm. When we asked her where the food was she reminded us that the cooks are slow and lazy. We told her we saw her chit chatting with co-workers and we had a feeling she didn’t place our second order.

We then asked for a manager and explained to him our experience. All the while our waitress came and leaned over my husband, resting her arms on his booth bench. Not once did the manager apologize instead he made

poor excusses as to why we didn’t have food(at this point we had been there over an hour) and why our waitress wasn’t serving us.

We politly let him know that with service like this we would be coming back. He said ok, no problem and let us know that he would have our food right out. He didn’t offer us a bit of consolation for our horrid experience.

I called their corporate office who notified the district manager and they gave us a gift card. We tried another Applebees in the Charlotte area only to be dissapointed with the service and food again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721121553280331/k2311a1221/12.21.11