Canoe Club  » Restaurants  »
Canoe Brewpub, 450 Swift Street, Victoria, BC
  • I've always enjoyed the drink specials they offer, and the food is quite tasty
  • When I finally managed to get their attention, I learned that they hadn't even keyed in my order to the kitchen
  • I was also quite disappointed with the way they handled themselves once the mistakes were discovered

• by gallopmonkey

I have been to the Canoe Club several times with groups of friends, as it’s a good place for casual drinks. After my experiences there, however, I am unsure of whether or not I will return.

I really like that the Canoe Club has such a wide terrace area, as it’s a great place to sit out on during summer evenings. I’ve always enjoyed the drink specials they offer, and the food is quite tasty. I’ve enjoyed their specials, and the food - when it arrives -

is delicious. The mussels in particular are quite lovely. I’ve always found the servers to be quite polite, but honestly, the service is pretty terrible. The last two times I’ve been there, the servers have messed up my order so badly that I ended up having to wait over an hour and a half for an appetizer. During this time, everybody else at my table was served their food and finished it, and because it was so busy, I was unable to flag down a ...

• server. This is incredibly frustrating, and I felt like I had been forgotten about. When I finally managed to get their attention, I learned that they hadn’t even keyed in my order to the kitchen. I can be forgiving if they’re busy and it takes a while to make the food, or if they’d forgotten to tell the kitchen on one occasion, but this is just ridiculous. It’s beyond frustrating when they forget your order, and as a result, I’m hesistant to give this place another
        go. I’ve tried hard to like it, but my experiences have been crazy. I was also quite disappointed with the way they handled themselves once the mistakes were discovered. They barely apologized, and as such, I didn’t get anything at a reduced rate for having had to wait so long.

All in all, this place has promise, as I’ve found that when things work here, they’re great. However, being forgotten about and having received almost no apology is pretty inexcusable. I’m not sure whether or not I’ll return.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 720121553150531/k2311a1220/12.20.11