Sledding With Tigers - Sledding With Tigers/Kids Split (Album)  » Music  »
  • The biggest issue with their songs on this album is that they really do illustrate a departure point from their previous song
  • I personally felt that Sledding With Tigers really did a wonderful job of bridging their youthful sound with a newfound ability for songwriting, but I unfortunately can’t say the same thing about their songs on this record
  • While I have no problem with the band trying to continue to expand their sound, their overall tone seems somewhat awkward throughout this album in that they sound restrained on some sections which could’ve been significantly better if they had just let loose, particularly on the final track of the album
  • On a positive note, I will say that the band does a good job of writing more interesting musical parts throughout this record, a lot of this is thanks to the inclusion of the banjo

• by grimmy101

Sledding With Tigers/Kids Split is a split release from Sledding With Tigers and KIDS put out in 2011. Just as a note, I will be focusing this review strictly on the four of eight tracks that Sledding With Tigers contributed to the record.

The biggest issue with their songs on this album is that they really do illustrate a departure point from their previous song.

I personally felt that Sledding With Tigers really

did a wonderful job of bridging their youthful sound with a newfound ability for songwriting, but I unfortunately can’t say the same thing about their songs on this record.

While I have no problem with the band trying to continue to expand their sound, their overall tone seems somewhat awkward throughout this album in that they sound restrained on some sections which could’ve been significantly better if they had just let loose, particularly ...

• on the final track of the album.

On a positive note, I will say that the band does a good job of writing more interesting musical parts throughout this record, a lot of this is thanks to the inclusion of the banjo.

Despite this, I feel like the vocal work on the record unfortunately suffers for this increase in attention paid to the music.

Overall, I would say that although this record isn’t

bad, it certainly takes several listens just to absorb the drastic change in sound between these songs and those present on the band’s previous record, The Arrested Cats.

My personal highlight from the album is the opening song, but each of the other tracks have failed to make any significant impact on me unfortunately.

Overall, this split strikes me as fairly solid, but unfortunately a step down in songwriting compared to The Arrested Cats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552700431/k2311a1220/12.20.11