Sledding With Tigers - They Sure Are Going All Out For Labor Day This Year, Aren’t They? (Song)  » Music  »
  • In my opinion, although I think that this song is somewhat enjoyable, I wouldn’t say that it comes close to the material released on previous records because the sound just doesn’t feel nature in my opinion

• by grimmy101

They Sure Are Going All Out For Labor Day This Year, Aren’t They? is a song by Sledding With Tigers and their final contribution to their 2011 split release with Kids. In a predictable fashion, the band open up with yet another song that has an incredibly moderate tempo at the start.

In contrast to the previous track on the record, I feel like this song tries to return the band to the

sound that they had throughout The Arrested Cats, The Hill Sheep, and No Randy No.

Despite this, it’s clear that the band are not simply trying to recreate their sound on those records so they change up some aspects of the track, particularly the instrumentation and the overall tempo.

In my opinion, although I think that this song is somewhat enjoyable, I wouldn’t say that it comes close to the material released on ...

• previous records because the sound just doesn’t feel nature in my opinion.

On a more positive note, I do enjoy when the band really picks up the song at about the halfway mark of the song, but it oddly still sounds somewhat restrained, with the exception of the very end, in comparison to earlier songs from Sledding With Tigers.

Overall, I think that the sound Sledding With Tigers gets at the very of the

this track is great, but the bulk of the song seems as if they’re trying to return the sound they had on their previous records, but they just don’t seem to be able to blend their newfound songwriting abilities with their previous sound which is a shame.

Although the majority of the strikes me as pretty average, the band is at least able to close their section of the split on a somewhat positive note.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552690431/k2311a1220/12.20.11