Sledding With Tigers - The Arrested Cats (Album)  » Music  »
  • As a follow up to The Hill Sheep, I can thankfully say that I think Sledding With Tigers really fulfill their potential in terms of songwriting on this record

• by grimmy101

The Arrested Cats is the third album released by Sledding With Tigers. As a follow up to The Hill Sheep, I can thankfully say that I think Sledding With Tigers really fulfill their potential in terms of songwriting on this record.

Although the album does certainly retain the youthful energy that made The Hill Sheep and No Randy No excellent albums, particularly on Valentimes Is Serious Times, the band really has

a far more developed sound on this record.

Right from the album’s opener, The Kids Will Be Alright, Eventually, a listener should get a feel that the album will take a slightly different approach and I can thankfully say that Sledding With Tigers do not disappoint.

Comprised of five songs, each track on this album makes for an enjoyable listen and they each have a distinct sound from one another so ...

• that no songs are lost in the final track listing.

My only complaint about The Arrested Cats is that I wish it had more songs on it.

Although Sledding With Tigers have never been a band to release too many tracks on a single album, I’m used to them putting more around seven or eight tracks compared to the five which are present.

I particularly wanted more songs because Sledding With Tigers

really did a good job all around with this record and I can easily say that this is my favorite out of the first three and I think that it’s miles ahead of the first two (And I actually enjoy the first two releases quite a lot).

Overall, The Arrested Cats retains some of Sledding With Tigers original folk-punk sound, but they really hone their songwriting abilities throughout and the result is obvious.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552660431/k2311a1220/12.20.11