Sledding With Tigers - Going To Stockton (Song)  » Music  »
  • Thus far, I think that the band has done an excellent job of covering quite a lot of musical ground and doesn’t restricting their sound to simply one attitude which I felt was a slight problem to the band’s two preceding records
  • In addition to not only becoming more musically interesting, I think that the vocal development on this record is quite impressive and one can see such a huge improvement between songs on the first two records and just about any track on The Arrested Cats
  • I would say that if you enjoyed the sound on either of the preceding tracks, I see no reason why Going To Stockton wouldn’t also be an enjoyable track

• by grimmy101

Going To Stockton is a song by Sledding With Tigers and the third track on their third release, The Arrested Cats. Opening up with a drawn out acoustic guitar chord, the vocals quickly come into the mix and return the sound to a slightly more energetic feel in comparison to the previous track of Carmel Mountain.

of musical ground and doesn’t restricting their sound to simply one attitude which I felt was a slight problem to the band’s two preceding records.

Another aspect of this album I should mention is that if you enjoyed the violin work throughout The Hill Sheep, I think that the band gives the instrument even more prominence throughout this record, particularly on this song, which seems to work well for them.

Another thing I ...

• should mention about Going To Stockton is that it does reintroduce the group vocals that have become a characteristic aspect to the sound of Sledding With Tigers, yet I still feel the lead vocals are given a lot of opportunity to shine throughout the verse.

huge improvement between songs on the first two records and just about any track on The Arrested Cats.

I would say that if you enjoyed the sound on either of the preceding tracks, I see no reason why Going To Stockton wouldn’t also be an enjoyable track.

Thus far, Sledding With Tigers have come out with three incredibly solid tracks so I hope they continue to not let up with this record on the remaining songs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552630431/k2311a1220/12.20.11