Sledding With Tigers - Carmel Mountain (Song)  » Music  »
  • Overall, Carmel Mountain takes a slightly more melodic sound in general, though I will say that the vocals definitely pick up as the song progresses to give it a slightly more aggressive sound
  • Though not quite as good as the opening track on the record, I would still say that Carmel Mountain is strong at the very least and I think that it really allows the vocals a chance to shine, and they do not disappoint

• by grimmy101

Carmel Mountain is a song by Sledding With Tigers and the second track on their third release, The Arrested Cats. Opening up with an interplay between a simple acoustic guitar patter and a violin lead, I must admit that this is a moment on the album which recalls a sound from the band’s release, but just sounds incredibly more

developed and a far more mature sound.

Although one could argue that the band abandoned their debut folk-punk sound, I certainly wouldn’t go to this extent.

Granted, the songwriting has shifted in a more developed direction, but I still think that the band retains a sense of their sound and it doesn’t feel as if I’m listening to completely different bands.

Something that I should mention about Carmel Mountain is that it actually doesn’t feature group vocals which is possibly one of the first times Sledding With Tigers didn’t include this tactic.

Nevertheless, I find the lead vocal performance on this track to be excellent and only improves as the track progresses so I felt no need to ...

• Sledding With Tigers - Carmel Mountain (Song)
      include the usual chorus of voices.

Overall, Carmel Mountain takes a slightly more melodic sound in general, though I will say that the vocals definitely pick up as the song progresses to give it a slightly more aggressive sound.

at the very least and I think that it really allows the vocals a chance to shine, and they do not disappoint.

Carmel Mountain makes another strong track for this record and if you wanted a sound which is similar to what the band had on their previous record, The Hill Sheep, must even more developed, Carmel Mountain is a good starting point.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552620431/k2311a1220/12.20.11