Sledding With Tigers - Going To Georgia (Song)  » Music  »
  • Before I begin, I should add that this is a cover of a band called Mountain Goats, so I unfortunately cannot comment too much on the songwriting which is a shame

• by grimmy101

Going To Georgia is a song by Sledding With Tigers and is the penultimate track on their second release, The Hill Sheep. Before I begin, I should add that this is a cover of a band called Mountain Goats, so I unfortunately cannot comment too much on the songwriting which is a shame.

The reason why I say this is a shame is because the songwriting once again strikes me as

more developed on this track and the song feels somewhat similar to the previous track on this album, Sick And Tired/Sick And Tired.

The reason why I said this about Going To Georgia is because I find that the band does a very good job with demonstrating the variety of sounds they’re able to perform due to the contrasting sounds between the more mellow verses with the slightly more upfront choruses.

Despite ...

• this, we must remember that the song is a cover and therefore have to focus on the performance aspects of the track.

I will admit that I’m not familiar with the original, but I have a feeling that Sledding With Tigers certainly added their own touch to this recording which is probably most explicitly heard in the youthful sound thanks to the vocals on the track.

In addition, the band includes

a violin in the mix yet again which does a nice job of complementing the simple acoustic guitar patterns.

Overall, although this is a cover song I still enjoy listening to it and think that Sledding With Tigers does a good job with the track.

With a catchy vocal melody and a nice sound overall, Going To Georgia is yet another accessible song on the album and makes for a fun listen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552580431/k2311a1220/12.20.11