Sledding With Tigers - Plans (Song)  » Music  »
  • Opening up with a violin in the introduction, Plans starts out with an instrument that wasn’t present at all throughout the band’s previous album, No Randy No, so I must admit that I think this is an optimistic start
  • Personally, I enjoy the vocal work and I don’t find them incredibly hard to enjoy either so this isn’t a huge flaw, but it is certainly a slight weakness that one should be aware of

• by grimmy101

Plans is a song by Sledding With Tigers and appears as the opening track on their second studio album, The Hill Sheep. Opening up with a violin in the introduction, Plans starts out with an instrument that wasn’t present at all throughout the band’s previous album, No Randy No, so I must admit that I think this is an optimistic start.

Thankfully, the band keep the violin in some prominence throughout the entire track and

I think it helps add to the sound created simply by the acoustic guitar strums and the vocals on the song.

In terms of the songwriting, I must say that the track feels somewhat similar to the opening song on the band’s previous record, but it seems slightly more developed in that the band are embracing outside instrumentation here and also somewhat playing around with various tempos throughout.

Either way, I must admit that Plans ...

• does a good job of at least building an energy that they can hopefully maintain throughout this entire album.

Despite this slight change in songwriting approach, the band certainly retain that youthful sound which was characteristic to pretty much all of the songs that appeared on No Randy.

I would say that Plans starts the album out on the right foot and places it in the right direction, but I do hope that this isn’t

the strongest track on the record.

Although I find it an enjoyable song, I still have to acknowledge that it really relies on simple songwriting and leaves a lot up to the listener’s enjoyment of the vocals on the track.

Personally, I enjoy the vocal work and I don’t find them incredibly hard to enjoy either so this isn’t a huge flaw, but it is certainly a slight weakness that one should be aware of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1420121552520431/k2311a1220/12.20.11