Greenpoint Tavern
188 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11211
  • The reason I love this hipster neighborhood is because you can find cool places like this, that you can’t find anywhere else
  • They really picked the best location for this tavern
  • When I first entered, I thought it was a really cool place, with unique décor

• by Mindmatters

The reason I love this hipster neighborhood is because you can find cool places like this, that you can’t find anywhere else. They really picked the best location for this tavern.

After scarfing down a slice of pizza, from across the street, my friend pointed out that we should get a beer from this place. She was telling me how they have 32 oz beers in a Styrofoam cup for $4. New York isn’t cheap, so when you see a deal, you have

to take it.

This place doesn’t look like much from the outside. In fact I wouldn’t have even stopped in here, because the entrance door was closed, and the windows were tinted very dark. It is cold outside, so of course the door is going to be shut. I always feel that bars are more inviting, when the doors are opened. Especially, if you have never been to it before, and you want to get a glimpse in before, you walk in.

When ...

• I first entered, I thought it was a really cool place, with unique décor. I like the lights they had up by the bar.

There wasn’t that many people in there. I was in there on a weekday during the day. I am sure that this place gets packed though during the weekends. With cheap beer like that, they have to get busy on the weekends.

I like that they have a jukebox. It has pretty good music. My friend and I were really

jamming to it.

The bartender was great. She was very attentive to us. She knew that there was a concert going on in the neighborhood park that day, and she offered to give us a lid, in case we wanted to drink in the park.

This place is great if you want to hangout with your friends and get your drink on.

Any time I need a beer for cheap, with good music and a great atmosphere, I will know where to come now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 719121551861131/k2311a1219/12.19.11