Plavix Oral Medicine for Blood Clots  » Medicine  »
  • The medication cost me a fortune after the health insurance paid its part
  • In my opinion that is a lot of money to pay for a prescription, especially since I’m on many different medications now
  • I’ve noticed that I am bruising when I take the Plavix Oral
  • I didn’t have this problem before starting the Plavix Oral

• by Shawndellah

After two strokes and difficulties with Cumadin, my doctor prescribed me Plavix Oral medication. I felt a little nervous to take this medication after the problems with bruising and bleeding on Cumadin. The good thing about Plavix oral is you do not have to see the blood laboratory technician weekly to have your blood levels checked out.

The medication cost me a fortune after the health insurance paid its part. One bottle to last me a month was close to 50 dollars. In my opinion that is a lot of money to pay for a prescription, especially since I’m on many different medications now.

The purpose of the Plavix is to prevent clotting in my main arteries. They had a lot of

plaque buildup that was breaking off causing clots to form and hit my brain. I was having mini-strokes and finally ended up with two major strokes. I was on the Cumadin but the plavix is supposed to be successful in helping to prevent clots from forming. If they do form, it is supposed to keep them from breaking lose and causing a mini-stroke or major stroke.

I’ve noticed that I am bruising when I take the Plavix Oral. I prick my fingers for diabetes’s readings. The spots are bruising. I didn’t have this problem before starting the Plavix Oral.

I do like the pills are very small in comparison to some of the giant horse-size pills I’m used to taking. There is no ...

• coating on the pills. Even though they are easy enough to swallow, they tend to dissolve just a tad before going completely down. This leaves a rather bitter taste in my mouth that I do not like in the least.

Sometimes prescription pills have an odor to them. When I open the bottle of the Plavix Oral, there is no odor coming out of it. Since they dissolve so quickly, I figured that they would stink each time I opened the bottle to take my prescription.

The doctor prescribed to take the Plavix once daily. My lowest number of pills to take is my bedtime. I take the Plavix and my other prescriptions with a cup of skim milk. I like coating my

stomach with the milk. Also, usually, I don’t get too much of a bad taste left in my mouth from swallowing pills if I use the milk. The milk does help a little with the bad aftertaste from the Plavix Oral pills, but it does not get rid of the bad taste completely.

So far, the Plavix Oral is working. I’m having fewer dizzy episodes when I stand up quickly or move from lying down to sitting up in bed. My follow-up doctor visit didn’t show any new clots that had formed. Everything was clean and clear. I’m not in immediate danger of a mini-stroke or full stroke. That is a major relief. I’m glad the doctor put me on the Plavix oral.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619121551671131/k2311a1219/12.19.11