Fungoral (Ketoconazole 2%) Shampoo  » Health  »
  • Anyway, I have tried several methods to relieve the problem and I am still trying to stay up-to-date with the new ones
  • It is very important not to use it more than twice per week so you definitely have to find a second shampoo and use them interchangeably

• by fumantsu

Fungoral is a shampoo which features antifungal capacities and it is used to cure fungal skin infections. Its main ingredient is ketoconazole which can be commercially found in shampoos, topical creams and oral tablets. Ketoconazole 2% is also quite famous under the Nizoral brand name.

Personally I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis. This nightmare is some kind of eczema or more formally an inflammatory skin disorder which in my case appears on the scalp, and hopefully not to a very extensive degree. Still can

be very annoying bringing about an itchy and stinging sensation. It can also appear on the face and on the torso. The unfortunate part is that science doesn’t really know the exact causes. It seems however that it is caused by some malfunctioning of a yeast which actually is part of the normal skin flora; i.e. everybody has this yeast but to a very limited number of “lucky” people it reacts weirdly. And the even worse thing is that seborrheic is also a ...

• reason for hair loss.

Anyway, I have tried several methods to relieve the problem and I am still trying to stay up-to-date with the new ones. Lately I have found a couple of very helpful web sites and I am doing my research. I hope I will manage to get some good results. For the time being I have ended up using Fungoral together with a coal tar shampoo and it seems to work out. It is very important not to use it more

than twice per week so you definitely have to find a second shampoo and use them interchangeably. It takes about a month for my scalp to clean up. Ketoconazole has been also found to help in the revival of hair to a limited extent. And a note not of a big importance: this shampoo does not stink. I have received a few…bad comments in the past about my hair smell when I was using some shampoos with strong but not so pleasant odour.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416121551551031/k2311a1216/12.16.11