Peace Love & Juicy Couture Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I thought I'd be wearing this Juicy perfume all the time as a daytime scent
  • I've never had this problem ever with a perfume that wasn't some cheap knockoff

• by FortuneCookie

This Juicy couture perfume was on my Christmas wish list last year. I’d smelled a sample of this scent in a magazine in summer and just had to have it. I was so excited when I got it. It’s a very fancy looking perfume bottle. It’s kind of over the top really. It’s elegant, but has that little bit of hippie edge to it that let’s you know it’s not your mother’s perfume. It actually comes with a decoration that you can take off and use as a stretch bracelet, although to be honest I’ve never once done that. Still, it’s a fun and playful touch.

The scent of this perfume matches the

bottle. It’s appealing in a feminine way, but spicy and warm. I guess I fell in love with it because the scent is so different from everything else. Because of the spicy, woodsy notes it actually comes close to being a unisex scent, which I guess sort of reflects a hippie attitude. In concept, this is a great perfume.

I thought I’d be wearing this Juicy perfume all the time as a daytime scent. However, it has a fatal flaw. For some reason, although it is an expensive perfume the scent doesn’t last for very long at all. I would say after 20 minutes to a half an hour the scent is diminished ...

• by at least half. I can’t explain it. I mean, I’m no perfume expert or anything but it’s almost as if they didn’t add enough base notes or something. I’ve never had this problem ever with a perfume that wasn’t some cheap knockoff. Anyway, it’s too bad because I find the scent captivating. When I fist put it on it makes me smile because reminds me of summer. It makes me want to throw on a maxi dress and some long beads or something, which is nice to contemplate in the dead of winter.

To sum it up, this perfume is not for every woman, every occasion and it is not for every season.

It’s a novelty. It’s ethereal. It’s not going to replace the scent you normally wear. The right woman will enjoy wearing this scent on occasion, maybe to go out to lunch or something. As a daytime scent for work days I say forget it. It’s not practical, as the scent fades so quickly. In a way I feel perhaps that is its charm. So, if you’re a free spirit and looking for something really different, I say go for it. Despite its flaw, I feel confident recommending Peace, Love & Juicy Couture perfume to anyone who has a touch of hippie in them and can appreciate this scent it for what it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615121551320631/k2311a1215/12.15.11