Sleeptherapy Dreamy Body Wash by Avon  » Cosmetics  »
  • Though I tend to shower more than anything, occasionally when I have the chance (which due to time constraints isn't very often) I like to indulge and immerse myself into a bath full of beautiful scented bubbles
  • Though this particular item I am about to review is actually a shower gel and is called 'Sleeptherapy Dreamy Body Wash' it is a real favourite of mine to use in the shower, but especially when bathing
  • So what are my thoughts on this product then and would I recommend it to others
  • When I saw this body wash I thought if used in conjunction with the pillow mist then it may make a difference and help enhance sleep so I was eager to try anything at this point as I was getting so tired I felt ill
  • I will definitely be buying this again in the future though a tiny amount does go a long way so I won't need to buy any more for quite a while as it is a very economical purchase

• by Tick Tock

I’m a big fan of Avon products and find the majority of their items to be good quality whilst selling at a reasonable price and not costing the earth like some beauty items can. Though I tend to shower more than anything, occasionally when I have the chance (which due to time constraints isn’t very often) I like to indulge and immerse myself into a bath full of beautiful scented bubbles. Though this particular item I am about to review is actually a shower gel and is called ‘Sleeptherapy Dreamy Body Wash’ it is a real favourite of mine to use in the shower, but especially when bathing..

Sleeptherapy Dreamy Body Wash is part of Avon’s calming and relaxing range to enable people to sleep easier. I have always had particular success when using the co ordinating pillow mist so when I came across this matching body wash I knew I had to at least try it out.

Dreamy Body Wash comes presented

to us in a slim line cylindrical designed bottle. The colouring is a soft and calming grey, lavender and blue and on the front is a sketch of clouds with a swirly font for the logo - all designed with sleep in mind and the whole appearance exudes calmness.

This wash only comes in one size which happens to be a generous 200 ml and there is a plastic silver cap which is placed on top of the bottle for easy access to the wash. Once this has been opened via a flip lid, the wash emits a beautiful lavender mix aroma that does smell incredibly relaxing and very pleasant indeed and identical to the Sleeptherapy pillow mist.

So what are my thoughts on this product then and would I recommend it to others? I have used the pillow mist on several occasions in the past and have found it to have very relaxing effect on me enabling me to fall asleep quickly and have peaceful ...

• sleep throughout the night. When I started with a bout of unexplained insomnia recently the pillow mist alone just didn’t seem to be effective enough and I was lying awake most nights simply staring at the ceiling trying to will myself to sleep. When I saw this body wash I thought if used in conjunction with the pillow mist then it may make a difference and help enhance sleep so I was eager to try anything at this point as I was getting so tired I felt ill.

After using in the shower I found it to have little effect and there was a vague hint of lavender but not enough to make a difference to my withering sleep pattern. I decided to use it in the bath so poured a little under hot running water and it instantly exploded in a mass of creamy scented bubbles and seemed to intensify in scent as well which was far more appealing.

Whilst bathing I also use as a

body wash and find a little suffices and goes a long way. It cleanses my skin and leaves no irritation or soreness though I’m not overly keen on it’s slightly slimy texture as it feels more like a balm than a wash.

My skin has always felt incredibly smooth and soft after use whilst the delicate aroma of lavender lingers for quite a while and does waft upwards gently hitting the nasal passages which I do think helps to relax my body.

Whilst I still experience the odd night of not sleeping well, my sleep pattern has definitely improved since using this and to be honest even if it is just by having a placebo effect then I’m certainly not going to complain as long as it’s helping.

I will definitely be buying this again in the future though a tiny amount does go a long way so I won’t need to buy any more for quite a while as it is a very economical purchase.

Top marks from me 10 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114121551200431/k2311a1214/12.14.11