Atlantic Southeast Airlines  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • Very few have impressed me with only one try and I have had more than enough times when I say I’m not going to fly a certain airline again and I end up getting one a smaller branch of a parent company I didn’t care for, without realizing it
  • After speaking to some other waiting passengers at the gate, I found out that Atlantic Southeast Airlines was a branch of Delta
  • I’m not an impatient person, but I’m a person who likes to get everywhere early, so I know I’m on time

• by sarahdragon26

I will be the first one to say that when it comes to traveling around the world or the country, I do like to try new airlines or different forms of travel, but I always seem to have a very bad first impression of some airlines. Very few have impressed me with only one try and I have had more than enough times when I say I’m not going to fly a certain airline again and I end up getting one a smaller branch of a parent company I didn’t care for, without realizing it. Seems to be my luck. Bad luck as it was.

This is what happened when I was flying to Washington DC. I booked a flight on Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

The price for a round trip ticket was 250 dollars. In all, for round trip, I wasn’t too upset with the price, but when I arrive at the airport, I almost flipped out when I was told it would be 25 dollars to check in one and only one bag. I didn’t like it, but I paid it. Not like I had much choice if I wanted to make my flight. After speaking to some other waiting passengers at the gate, I found out that Atlantic Southeast Airlines was a branch of Delta. The ticket price and the bag check price made more sense now. I was just glad it was not a connecting flight. One way to Washington-Dulles and back.

I’m not an ...

• impatient person, but I’m a person who likes to get everywhere early, so I know I’m on time. So it just burns me when I’m waiting for an airplane that is scheduled to take off 9am, and to see that there is no plane at the gate. After an hour or so, someone was finally able to nail down an attendant and they gave us, the passengers, the same answer they always give. ‘We don’t know what’s going. We’ll keep you informed.’ I can’t help wondering if, when they’re trained for the job, are they all told to say the same thing when they’re clueless to anything. Which seems to be more times than should be normal. Most people would like honest answers or
        at least to be treated with some form of respect. The plane didn’t arrive until noon and boarding didn’t start for almost three hours after it pulled up to the gate. I was glad the plane got there at all. From past experiences, I was waiting to be told the flight was cancelled.

For the most part, I have sat next to some things of work when it comes to people or human beings, but the older woman I was sitting with in a window isle seat was very pleasant. The crew was not terrible and they were not pleasant. They basically ignored everyone unless someone got their attention. I didn’t care. I just wanted to get to my destination. In one piece.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4013121550810231/k2311a1213/12.13.11