Transformers 1 Movie  » Movies  »
  • When Megatron first spoke, I couldn’t place his voice for the life of me, but I thought to myself, ‘Wow, this guy is good
  • In my opinion, he is really good actor as well as villain
  • I just wish the beginnings were not so boring at times
  • I love this movie because it brings back the classic that I loved so much

• by sarahdragon26

Being a huge fan of Transformers, growing up watching the cartoons in 1985, I had high hopes for Transformers 1, but I also had some dread as well. I was afraid that they were going to take a wonderful show like this and tear it to pieces by making it into a modern movie. When I heard Michael Bay was directing it, my hopes started to go up, but not much. He made Armageddon work, but this was a classic and if it was destroyed now, it would be hard to be bounce back.

I remember I actually jumped to my feet in shock and pure joy. My husband looked at me like I was crazy, but I remember screaming, ‘It’s him! It’s him!’ After I calmed down, I explained to my husband that was Optimus Prime. That was the real voice of Optimus Prime from the cartoons. He didn’t understand for he never watched the cartoons, but I was so happy to hear

Peter Cullen’s voice return to voice the Autobot leader. I hadn’t seen the cartoons in years, but hearing him speak just one line brought it all back. When it came to the others voices, I was a little sad to see Frank Welker not returning as Megatron even thou he did voice other characters. When Megatron first spoke, I couldn’t place his voice for the life of me, but I thought to myself, ‘Wow, this guy is good.’ And of course he was good. It was Hugo Weaving. In my opinion, he is really good actor as well as villain. He played Megatron to a perfection that was worthy of the cartoon and the name.

No offense to the human cast, but they were nowhere near as important as the robots of the film. The two main characters, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, were so annoying at times that I wanted to edit their voices out of the movie.

I remember laughing because Bumblebee ...

• spent part of the movie as his original car mode from the cartoons, then they turn him into the new Camero. Beautiful car by the way. Wish I could afford it. And as with any story, there has to be a beginning. I just wish the beginnings were not so boring at times. Sometimes I feel like I want pull my hair out because the story is so slow starting. I will be the first to admit that when I got the DVD and then the BluRay, I fast forward through the beginning until the Autobots arrive. Mainly Optimus, Jazz, Ratchet, and Ironhide.

And no one can say that Michael Bay does not live up to his name. This film is packed with explosions, special effects coming out of everywhere, and BIG scenes. My hat is also off to the design of the Autobots. Bumblebee’s car change was good, but I was SOOOOO glad that they didn’t change Optimus. At least too much. Because as

soon as I saw the truck, I knew it was him and when he changed into his robot form, I was screaming again. Because he looked like Optimus Prime. More graphic and detailed, but it was him and that much was clear.

As the music of the movie, I had no idea it was Linkin Park who saw the ending song, ‘What I’ve Done.’ I loved it. Sometimes, I just can’t get into the songs that are on soundtracks because they just don’t seem to fit into the movie, but this song did. I can’t explain it, but there are some songs that just fit.

I love this movie because it brings back the classic that I loved so much. And I’m glad that with the release of these new Transformers movies and else, they have also brought back the old cartoons on TV. My son doesn’t like the old ones as much as the new ones, but it is a great blast from the past.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113121550790231/k2311a1213/12.13.11