Dollar General Assured Pain Relieving Hot Patch  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • While I am not really sure that I know the exact cause of the problem I do know that the pain starts in my shoulders and works its way down into my lower back
  • I had used pain relieving patches before and these were a really cheap price so I decided to try them
  • I have to say that these are not the best heating patches that I have ever used but they do get the job done
  • I think that it was just the adhesive bonding to the skin to keep the patch in place but other than that it was not that bad
  • I would however, recommend them to anyone who does not like to use creams or rubs that have harsh smells

• by jonna_daniels

I sometimes have problems with my lower back and shoulders aching. While I am not really sure that I know the exact cause of the problem I do know that the pain starts in my shoulders and works its way down into my lower back. It can range from mild to severe and one type of relief my doctors have suggested is using a heating pad or a hot patch when I first start feeling the pain to keep it from getting too bad and from spreading so quickly. I saw these in my local Dollar General for one dollar ($1.00) for a box of two (2) pain relieving patches. I had used pain relieving patches before and these were a really cheap price so I decided to try them.

I have to say that

these are not the best heating patches that I have ever used but they do get the job done. The patches come individually wrapped in an aluminum type plastic so they are easy to grab and put into a medical kit or into your gym bag if needed. All that is required to activate this patch is to unwrap it, pull the sticker off the heating parts and apply to one’s skin. After first applying the heating patch I did notice that it was actually quite cold and somewhat sticky feeling when first putting on the patch. I think that it was just the adhesive bonding to the skin to keep the patch in place but other than that it was not that bad. The product did start to heat up ...

• pretty quickly and was actually rather warm after about 10 minutes of wearing this product.

The product did a decent job of relaxing my shoulder muscles and actually seemed to start to relax the stiffness away. However, I ran into one big issue here: the patches do not last long enough to really give the needed relief. The patch was only on my skin for about an hour before I noticed that it was not getting any warmer but was actually feeling a little cooler than before. I figured that my body had simply gotten used to the temperature so I left the patch alone and 15 minutes later the patch was cool again and I had to use the second one out of the box. The second one lasted a

little longer but not much and did not completely get rid of the pain and stiffness nor did the product keep the stiffness from spreading.

Overall these are not the best heat patches that I have found. I would however, recommend them to anyone who does not like to use creams or rubs that have harsh smells. This product works just as good as some generic creams but lasts longer and does not require a greasy mess. I think that they are great for minor aches and pains but I mostly stay away from them unless I have no other choice. I give this product a five out of ten (5 out of 10) because the product does heat up nicely and does provide some relief; I simply wish that it lasted longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612121550660431/k2311a1212/12.12.11