Vaseline Lip Therapy with SPF 8
  • Since I was familiar with Vaseline as a brand I decided to go ahead and try the product
  • It was about a dollar fifty ($1.50) for a small tube which is about the same price as Carmex so I did not think the cost was that bad
  • I used the product for a little while and I honestly was not that impressed
  • I was not much for the texture as I thought it was a little too thick to be applied easily
  • My suggestion would be that if you choose to try this product it may be wise to purchase another type of lip moisturizer that you trust with it

• by jonna_daniels

I am a big fan of Vaseline products. The stuff has been around since I was a child and it has so many different house hold uses that I keep a jar around just because it’s handy. However, I was at Wal-Mart last winter looking for more Carmex when I saw this product. It is especially for dry cracked lips and is supposed to heal and protect them. Since I was familiar with Vaseline as a brand I decided to go ahead and try the product. It was about a dollar fifty ($1.50) for a small tube which is about the same price as Carmex so I did not think the cost was that

bad.

I used the product for a little while and I honestly was not that impressed. I was not much for the texture as I thought it was a little too thick to be applied easily. Every time I apply the product I get this very sticky feeling on my lips for a few minutes. It feels like I coated my lips with glue of some kind; it is really quite annoying. My husband did not like when I used the product either because every time that he kissed me and I had it on, he said that it left a gritty sticky film on his lips.

Also, this product does not

last through drinking like Carmex does. This product rubbed right off onto any cup or fork that I put to my mouth, I got really sick of having to constantly re-apply the product after I ate. Regardless of eating I found that I had to re-apply this product every two hours to keep my lips form getting chapped again. I do not mind re-applying lip products that work, but this was not working and I noticed that after I quit using the product my lips were drier and more cracked than they had been before I started using this. I used this product for about a month before I got tired of it ...

• Vaseline Lip Therapy with SPF 8
      and just threw the tube away. I thought about using it in conjunction with other lip moisturizers but I decided that it was not worth it and just tossed it.

To be fair I have known people that this product worked wonders on and their lips are visibly in better health but it just did not work for me. I did not like the product and would not necessarily recommend it. However, there is a chance that the product would work differently if someone else tired it. My suggestion would be that if you choose to try this product it may be wise to purchase another type of lip moisturizer that you

trust with it. This way if it does not work, you already have one on stand-by that you know works and would give you the relief that is needed.

Like I said I would not buy it again. I did not see anything that was overtly good about this product. I am sticking with Carmex now as my go to brand and if I buy other brands I always make sure that I have Carmex with me. I give Vaseline Lip Therapy a three out of ten (3 of 10) because even though it did not work it was a decent price and I have seen it work better for other people.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2612121550560431/k2311a1212/12.12.11