Andrew Jackson Jihad - Little Brother (Song)  » Music  »
  • Personally, I enjoy the change in tone and I also enjoy the vocal delivery of this track as well as the lyrics since they take on more of a storytelling approach which makes it easy to follow the lyrics
  • Another thing I like about Little Brother is that it utilizes outside instrumentation which isn’t typically utilized in songs by Andrew Jackson Jihad such as a harmonica and a banjo
  • I would recommend a fan of Andrew Jackson Jihad to at least give Little Brother a listen, though I should add that it has a sound which is significantly different from their traditional tone and a listener shouldn’t go into this track expecting a folk punk composition

• by grimmy101

Little Brother is a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad which appears on their split with Flaspar and Golden Boots. Opening up with a calm sound, an acoustic guitar lead comes in over the rhythm established and a listener should get the feeling that this isn’t the traditional fast folk-punk sound characteristic of Andrew Jackson Jihad.

well as the lyrics since they take on more of a storytelling approach which makes it easy to follow the lyrics.

Another thing I like about Little Brother is that it utilizes outside instrumentation which isn’t typically utilized in songs by Andrew Jackson Jihad such as a harmonica and a banjo.

Although the song does have a very traditional and straightforward structure, Andrew Jackson Jihad was never a band for intricate arrangements.

Overall, I ...

• personally enjoy Little Brother quite a bit as I find the vocal performance throughout to be pretty catchy, though lacking in that very energetic sound which has become characteristic of this band for me.

into this track expecting a folk punk composition.

Nevertheless, I like how the band experimented with a different tone on this track as well as embraced outside instrumentation and I feel they were successful in crafting a song which is different from their traditional sound yet still enjoyable.

Though mellow is certainly not a term I would typically take in describing this band, it oddly fits this song and the band surprisingly pulls it off.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412121550440431/k2311a1212/12.12.11