Sprint Madison WI cellular phone service
Madison, WI
  • This wouldn't have been such a worry if the problem area wasn't my own suburb of Fitchburg
  • I encounter a few dry spots in coverage on I-94 between Eau Claire and Menomonie, WI, but otherwise have not noticed any problems

• by JTech
      Sprint is Tops in Madison, WI I’ve been through more than my share of cellular phone services in Wisconsin, many of whom didn’t have a network large enough to suit my needs, let alone my travel schedule. Last year I switched to Sprint/Nextel and boy, has my mind ever changed about all one company can offer!

I signed on for Sprint’s popular “Fair and Flexible” program, which afforded me 200 daytime minutes and unlimited long distance and weekend minutes for $29. 99/mo.

(Night and weekend minutes generally start at 9pm with Sprint, though I found that for an extra $5 per month, I could move to a 7pm

start time, which fit my lifestyle better. ) Sprint is well-known for their Vision service, which give users data exchange, including email, web surfing, text messaging, MobiTV, and more.

For another $10 each month, I signed on to experiment with the service and have been so pleased, I’ve happily continued it ever since. I now use my cell to check my email at random times during the day, get directions when traveling, listen to the news when I’m on the road, and text message.

The Sprint network in Madison, WI is great; coverage is top-notch and I’ve found it’s only gotten better with time. Originally, I ...

• lived in a weak area of coverage-meaning my phone displayed only one bar of service.

Though I never dropped a call, this still was cause for concern. This wouldn’t have been such a worry if the problem area wasn’t my own suburb of Fitchburg.

Sprint is one of the few companies that continue to add towers on a very regular basis though and thankfully, Fitchburg was upgraded and I now enjoy more than four bars of service when dialing from home. I travel frequently on the Sprint network from Wisconsin to Minnesota to Florida and to New York.

I encounter a few dry spots in coverage

on I-94 between Eau Claire and Menomonie, WI, but otherwise have not noticed any problems. In fact, my phone comes in loud and clear in the far reaches of Northern Wisconsin, an area that is not covered at this time by any network other than Sprint.

Do I have any complaints? I do, though minor: Customer service isn’t bad with Sprint, but it’s not great either. Expect a 15-45 minute wait if you really need to speak with a representative.

For this reason, I generally prefer to drive straight to the Sprint store in my neighborhood to save time and frustration. All in all, Sprint is tops in Madison, WI!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22121115500630/k2311a1112/11.12.05