Animal Collective - No More Runnin’ (Song)  » Music  »
2.5
  • Despite this similarity, the difference between No More Runnin’ and Bluish is that I enjoy the latter and find the former to be fairly boring to be honest
  • Though I did enjoy the direction that Animal Collective seemed to be going with this track, what they ended up with No More Runnin’ is a track that unfortunately feels as if it makes no progress and just ends up nowhere by the end of the song
  • The entire song feels very one-dimensional to me unfortunately and if you wanted a more melodic track from this album, I would recommend looking to Bluish rather than No More Runnin’
  • Along with Guy’s Eyes, I would probably consider No More Runnin’ to be one of the weaker tracks on this album

• by grimmy101

No More Runnin’ is a song by Animal Collective and the penultimate track on their 2009 studio record, Merriweather Post Pavilion. Opening with an incredibly gentle and melodic sound, No More Runnin’ may have one of the more melodic sections on the entire record, second to perhaps only Bluish.

fairly boring to be honest.

Though I did enjoy the direction that Animal Collective seemed to be going with this track, what they ended up with No More Runnin’ is a track that unfortunately feels as if it makes no progress and just ends up nowhere by the end of the song.

Thankfully, the song only clocks in at around four and a half minutes, but this honestly feels like four minutes ...

• of wasted space and that after I heard the first thirty seconds of the track, the rest simply followed this.

While the melodic tone present on this track is enjoyable for some amount of time, I’m not exactly sure why Animal Collective dragged out the song for so long and didn’t include more parts to it.

track from this album, I would recommend looking to Bluish rather than No More Runnin’.

Overall, I would say that although I could listen to this song on a very rare occasion, there’s unfortunately nothing about it that would make me want to go out of my way to hear it.

Along with Guy’s Eyes, I would probably consider No More Runnin’ to be one of the weaker tracks on this album.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412121549800331/k2311a1212/12.12.11