Animal Collective - I Remember Learning How To Dive (Song)
  • Personally, I think this was a smart move because the band really waste no time going into the bulk of the song with this track and it feels like the song goes on for the right amount of time

• by grimmy101

I Remember Learning How To Dive is a song by Animal Collective and is the final track to appear on their 2005 EP, Prospect Hummer. Opening up with an incredibly simple percussive pattern, Bunyan rejoins the recording and contributes the vocals to the track with a multi-layered vocal delivery.

Although the percussive rhythm behind her vocals is incredibly simple, the interaction between her voice and this simple pattern works surprisingly well and

it also is able to emphasize focus on other instruments once they come in later in the track.

Something I should note about this track is that it’s the shortest on the EP and clocks in just over two minutes long.

Personally, I think this was a smart move because the band really waste no time going into the bulk of the song with this track and it feels like the song ...

• goes on for the right amount of time.

Overall, I would say that if you found yourself enjoying either the overall sound that was present throughout Prospect Hummer or Campfire Songs, I Remember Learning How To Dive will just be another song you’ll enjoy as well.

Though not much is going on musically, you’ll have to trust me when I say that the vocals do a good job of carrying the song throughout

in a fluid manner.

Like all the other tracks on this EP, this song moves with a flow that’s as light as air and the overall mood of the EP has this very lighthearted feeling.

Serving as a nice compliment to Sung Tongs, each track on Prospect Hummer demonstrates that the band certainly maintained their melodic sound and I Remember Learning How To Dive is an excellent piece of evidence for this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412121549740231/k2311a1212/12.12.11