Tofurkey Pepperoni Pizza  » Food  »
  • I bought it at Whole Foods for about $7.99 I planned on saving the my Tofurkey Pepperoni Pizza for a day off for me to enjoy as a treat one day but the temptation was just too much
  • The box shows cheese stretching as a slice is being lifted but I think that is either the work of photoshop or just a better pizza for the photo shoot
  • I prefer crispy so I went for the directly on the rack cooking method
  • I kind of wish there was a little more cheese, but I would still definitely buy it again

• by stuckinarut

I have been wanting to try the Tofurkey Pepperoni pizza for quite some time. Finally right before Thanksgiving I got my hands on one. I bought it at Whole Foods for about $7.99

I planned on saving the my Tofurkey Pepperoni Pizza for a day off for me to enjoy as a treat one day but the temptation was just too much. It was calling me from the freezer. I figured I never really get a day off anyway so I threw it in my toaster oven and I anxiously stared at the clock waiting for the toaster oven to ding.

The cheese is about normal for the average frozen pizza, meaning they were not too generous

with it. I am curious to try the Tofurky Cheese pizza and see if there is more on it. I will say though that they were very generous with the pepperoni pieces. I was pleasantly surprised the pizza was covered in pepperoni. It matched what was on the box, pepperoni wise that is. The box shows cheese stretching as a slice is being lifted but I think that is either the work of photoshop or just a better pizza for the photo shoot. There was not enough cheese on it to replicate that yummy cheesiness they are trying to draw us in with. The cheese does stretch though. I saw a shred do it with my own ...

• eyes.

It says to cook it in the oven but I chose a toaster oven and it cooked up just fine in my toaster oven. The crust came out crispy, though so did the pepperoni pieces. It takes only about 10 minutes to cook. Or 10 long minutes if you are anxious, like I was.

The crust is light and crispy. Though, it if you prefer a more softer crust it did say to cook it on a cookie sheet, instead of directly on the rack, for a softer crust. I prefer crispy so I went for the directly on the rack cooking method.

It taste just as good as I had hoped. The pepperoni had a nice

spice to it. I don’t know if it would be a perfect 1 for 1 replacement but it was pretty close. Since the pepperoni does dry up and crisp a little for anyone wanting more moist pepperoni I think possibly covering the pizza while cooking would help. I personally was ok with the drier pepperoni. The sauce was perfect. A nice tomato flavor but not too much, just the perfect amount to compliment the other flavors.

I really enjoyed this pizza. I liked the crispy crust and the over all flavor. I kind of wish there was a little more cheese, but I would still definitely buy it again. I can’t wait to try the other flavors they have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279121549440331/k2311a129/12.9.11