Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I consider myself a bit of a blush junkie so it takes a lot for one to impress me
  • I was initially worried about how tiny the compact of blush is but I only use one swipe per cheek so I know that it will last me awhile
  • The other thing that I dislike is how hard some of the shades are to find
  • I will definitely continue to repurchase in more shades and I highly recommend it

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush from my local Target. I have only ever really tried the Sonia Kashuk nail polish so I was excited to test out a face product. I have two shades — Sunset & Tawny. Both are beautiful shades and both are quality products. I highly recommend these blushes.

I consider myself a bit of a blush junkie so it takes a lot for one to impress me. The pigmentation is phenomenal. A tiny bit goes a long way. I was initially worried about how tiny the compact of blush is but I only use one swipe per cheek so I know that it will last me awhile. I love the finish as well. It isn’t completely matte but not super dewy either. I guess I

would describe it as a satin finish. There are no chunks of glitter or anything but there is a subtle sheen to it that is absolutely beautiful. It really brightens up my face to the point where I sometimes go without using a separate highlighting product. The blush has good staying power as well. It looks just as bright on my cheeks at the end of the night as it does after initial application. It really does last (with or without a primer, I might add). The shades I picked are gorgeous. Sunset is a brighter pink yet still looks like a natural flush of color. Tawny is a much more subdued pink with more of a mauve undertone to it. The other shades are Pink, Flamingo, Melon, and Lily. Eventually ...

• I hope to try all of them.

The price is a definite plus as well. Each compact only costs about eight dollars which is slightly more expensive than the typical drugstore blush from brands like Maybelline or Revlon, but still way cheaper than department store brands like MAC and NARS. Since the quality of these blushes is comparable to department store brands, I feel like this product is such a major steal.

I love the packaging of these blushes. The compact is clear on top so you can see exactly what shade you are trying to grab from your makeup bag (unlike NARS blushes where the shade is hidden within the black compact). I also like how secure the closure feels. I don’t have to worry about it opening up and spilling product

out in my makeup bag.

The only thing I wish was that there were more shades to choose from. There aren’t that many shades to choose from in the line, but the ones that are available are all very natural. The other thing that I dislike is how hard some of the shades are to find. When I go to different Target stores, sometimes I find certain shades and other times I don’t. It is so hard to find these! That said, I love the product. Overall, I have to give the Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush a rating of a 9 out of 10. It is an inexpensive yet high quality blush with beautiful pigmentation and a great finish. I will definitely continue to repurchase in more shades and I highly recommend it!

Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317121548881231/k2311a127/12.7.11