Studio Gear Flawless Foundation
0.5
  • I think this product should probably be called a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation because it does not offer near enough coverage to be considered a “flawless foundation” for anyone who does not already have completely perfect skin
  • This just made the problem worse, from the get go
  • I paid more than I would normally pay for a typical drugstore foundation to get this

• by intensify

I recently purchased the Studio Gear Flawless Foundation in the shade “Praline.” I got it from my local Ulta. I hated this product so much that I threw it away. It is rare for me to throw away things that I spend money on, but there is no way that I am continuing to use this terrible foundation after seeing just how poorly it works. I do not recommend it!

The thing I hate most about the Studio Gear Flawless Foundation is the lack of coverage. It does not give anywhere near to a “flawless” look. After applying this foundation, I could still see imperfections in my skin. It did not cover up any acne or scars. The only thing it disguised was any redness I had on my skin. I expect so

much more out of a foundation. I think this product should probably be called a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation because it does not offer near enough coverage to be considered a “flawless foundation” for anyone who does not already have completely perfect skin.

Another thing I really disliked about this product was how greasy it looked on my skin. I already tend to get pretty oily skin on my forehead and cheeks. This just made the problem worse, from the get go. It didn’t even start off looking matte or dewy. It made my skin look like an oil slick from the beginning, even after I set it with powder. I tried every trick in the book to try to get it to look normal, but nothing worked.

Maybe ...

• this has something to do with the fact that this is a silicone based foundation, but the product did not stay on my face well at all. It started to get blotchy within the first hour of initial application. Within a few hours, it had pretty much faded completely. It already did not have that much coverage to begin with so the fact that it has no staying power whatsoever does not help its case.

The last thing that I must say about this foundation is that I think it caused me to break out on my forehead. It didn’t just cause a few pimples here and there. It caused the type of cystic acne that’s kind of under the skin and so difficult to get rid of. That might have something

to do with the fact that it is greasy or there may be one specific ingredient. I honestly do not know. Whatever the cause, I do not want to continue to mess my skin up.

I am so angry that I purchased this foundation because it’s not like it was inexpensive. I paid more than I would normally pay for a typical drugstore foundation to get this. What a waste of money. Overall, I have to give the Studio Gear Flawless Foundation a rating of a 1 out of 10. It has no redeeming qualities. The coverage is way too sheer, the product looks greasy, there is no staying power, and it caused horrible breakouts. It did not work for me at all and I will not be repurchasing. I do not recommend this to anyone.

STACEY says :

I love Studio Gear Flawless Foundation myself. Plus it has vitamins, hyraluronic acid and herbal extracts including green tea extract. It is very good for your skin. It is not pancake makeup but gives a dewy natural look with good coverage.

Vallerie Tolliver says :

re : I paid more than I would normally pay for a typical drugstore foundation to get this
    This foundation does have a light finish but it evens my skin out makes my 58 year old skin look beautiful. Every tells me how beautiful my skin is every time I used it. If you prefer to not look like you are wearing a heavy mask but want your skin to glow, be dewey this foundation is for us exactly what you are looking for. It may be best for dry skin.

Vallerie Tolliver says :

This is like putting liquid platinum on your skin looks natural the most blendable foundation ever. It looks the the type of foundation Megan Markle would use. You can still see your moles or freckles but softens and beautifies your look like nothing else I have ever used. I am an aesthetician worked at Ulta beauty for years and have used everything this product is hands down my absolute favorite for a beautiful finish that doesn t look like a heavy mask over your skin.

quick note by anonymous :

Agreed this product is for normal to dry skin and not a good cover for acne it is not like a heavy block out coverage or like a concealer. If you want moist and dewy skin that still shows your skin moles or freckles this foundation is perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317121548871231/k2311a127/12.7.11