Simoniz Rinse-off Wax  » Cars  »
UK
  • Weather and temperature permitting I like to wash/wax/polish my car every 2 weeks
  • Infact I think the product actually caught my attention from the corner of my eye as I was walking past it
  • When I came to wash the car a couple of weeks later I found that the initial application despite my slight 'over application' of it was not satisfactory
  • I thought maybe it takes a few applications for the wax/polish to build up and start beading water even after a car wash

• by Identical.Twins

I have used this product on my car that was relatively unwaxed for a long time, i.e. water had stopped beading but prior to this happening my had been waxed.

Weather and temperature permitting I like to wash/wax/polish my car every 2 weeks. My car is a medium sized VW.

I would say its a brilliant product!

I have used many different polishes and waxes in the past, and despite all their respective claims of ‘easy to use’ ‘easy to apply’ ‘easy to remove’ ‘no hard buffing’ etc etc I would say that all these claims were to a certain extent being “economical with the truth”.

Prior to me using this product, it was a case of apply the wax/polish to the car’s bodywork, to a small section, wait for polish/wax to semi-dry, then fairly laboriously remove said wax/polish. Repeat for all bodywork on car.

At the end of above procedure I would be very tired or at least could feel tiredness. Yes my car did look brilliant but still…

Then I resorted to mixing the wax in water and applying it to the car with a sponge and using this method instead of separately washing-the-car and then afterwards appling wax/polish; a 2 stage process. This did produce results required but kind of diluted [as you might expect] but the wax/polish did last the most about two or so weeks.

Of course the ideal is a small sized polishing machine and

using a pure carnauba wax. I like the result that this would produce but I don’t have the effort/stamina required in order to achive it and also the cost of the products required. Also I somehow can’t get myself to pay to have someone wax/polish my car. So stalemate it is/was!

Then I came across the “Simoniz Rinse-off Wax” product just purely by chance one day whilst shopping at a supermarket. Infact I think the product actually caught my attention from the corner of my eye as I was walking past it. I stopped read the marketing written on the item. Thought to myself yes! yes!! this is what I’ve been wanting from a long time… maybe its just been invented now!!

Anyway I bought the product. Used it in 2 different ways. Oh yes the product use instructions are/were a little bit unclear but still ok enough for an average person to make use of the product though! I can’t remember the size of the product but it comes in black plastic ’single hand-holdable’ bottle.

First time I used it as directed on the bottle. Wash car then apply wax to wet car then rinse car for automatic application [activation] of wax. Preferable to dry car as well after all that to ensure a mirror like finish. But after washing and applying wax I couldn’t be bothered to dry the car as well… too much of ...

• a hard work… the sun is there to dry the car! Of course if you are a perfectionist… I did use a bit more than was said in the usage instructions but that was mainly because the car was essentially devoid of any wax prior to using this product.

When I came to wash the car a couple of weeks later I found that the initial application despite my slight ‘over application’ of it was not satisfactory. I thought maybe it takes a few applications for the wax/polish to build up and start beading water even after a car wash. This time I applied the product neat [as-is] to a washed [but dry] car. Then I rinsed the car as per instructions. Water did bead but much better than after the first application a couple of weeks back. So I thought yes maybe it is correct that when you have an unwaxed car it does take [at least maybe this product] a few attempts to build-up wax protection on the car’s bodywork.

The next time I washed the car was approx 5 weeks later [due to personal circumstances] At this point the car was 50:50 beading and not-beading water. I thought given the time between the last wash and this wash and the fact that the car has been stood outside and only used once in bad weather on the motorway would all combine to leave

it as at the beginning of this review; essentially wax-less. Anyway I had prepared myself for this outcome after washing it.

To my glee joy and surprise, I found that once the car had been washed not only did the shine return back with a vengeance but so the the water beading properties much to the level of the 2nd wax [as described earlier]. I was overjoyed really really overjoyed! Because it is winter now and I can’t be bothered waxing anymore until spring comes again and I was thinking yes it would be nice if the wax could stay on for a bit longer because the car looks nice both when it is dry and also when it rains and the water beads off the paintwork making it look nice in a different way.

So overall to summarise, easy to put on the car’s bodywork, and best of all, no need for any rubbing hard or soft to activate the polish once it has been applied to the car’s bodywork; the activation just happens effortlessly and automatically when you rinse the car once it has all been applied with the wax. If you are a perfectionist then you will also want to dry the car but this is purely optional. Job done, time saved, car waxed, tiredness saved, effect achieved!

No doubt this product can be and will be improved and lets wait and see how/what the improvements are…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 97121548791231/k2311a127/12.7.11