Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Mineral Makeup SPF 15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I’d be bluffing to tell you I love mine to bits in all its naked glory (hello dark spots and porous, oily skin)
  • For reasons of a clinical nature, I reveled in mineral makeup for the last several months by wearing Jane Iredale’s Amazing Base (commonly prescribed for acneic skin)
  • It’s my pleasure to recommend the BB skin mineral foundation

• by jhunie

Sometimes you’ve got to find the perfect foundation in order to love your skin. I’d be bluffing to tell you I love mine to bits in all its naked glory (hello dark spots and porous, oily skin). I say hello to a beautiful face every time I wear foundation. See the difference? To that goal I prep my face, and put some Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation mineral makeup.

I’d like to think that every foundation has its own unique traits like an organism. And the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is one of those coveted foundations that behave well on my skin. One, it has great coverage. Two, and of greatest importance, it doesn’t break me out. It behaves not exactly like a full-fledged foundation (that is, if you’re looking for a face-lifting foundation with solid coverage), but functions like a fluffy face powder with more coverage. I need to wear concealer to cover the very miniscule blemishes that normally occur. That aside, other discolorations and imperfections

are covered by the mineral foundation. The loose minerals stay matte for an average length of time, longer if I take the time to apply primer underneath. Otherwise, I feel the urge to blot as early as the 3rd hour. The looming shine is there, but contrary to liquid foundation, my makeup never seems to slip off.

I’m astonished by its wonderful coverage. It melds all layers of makeup like liquid foundation, and yet my face looks barely touched. That mineral powder makes a powdery finish is a general truth most of us cannot dispute. Bobbi Brown’s is a rare specimen, and know that I’ve tried many mineral makeups, from high-end ones to drugstore brands that are a dime a dozen. This doesn’t warp out my face in a powdery look. The loose minerals blur out the patches of concealer. There are 9 shades to fuss with. I selected the light shade more for its corrective yellows instead of getting a perfect match.

• Light was a tad warmer than the pale ivory I was used to and resembled a ‘honeyed’ version of beige. The light to medium shade, not to be confused as a range but a single shade next to light, appeared to have peachy undertones when swatched. Anything lighter (extra light and above) would have enhanced my skin’s unpleasant ruddiness (so I’d look like I have rosacea), and so were the few mediums next on the lineup. Nevertheless I was stuck to the light shade.

For reasons of a clinical nature, I reveled in mineral makeup for the last several months by wearing Jane Iredale’s Amazing Base (commonly prescribed for acneic skin). It seemed like forever since I started wearing mineral makeup, but the Amazing Base struck me as precursor to the concept of minerals for clear skin. In keeping with this concept is the Bobbi Brown mineral makeup because my skin, I reiterate, never breaks out with it. Other mineral powders still cake out after so much buffing.

The BB mineral foundation shares the same characteristics as the Jane Iredale powder – most notable is that either which render my skin flawless in an airbrushed finish. Amazing Base has a light-reflective glow, whereas BB looks flatter and, therefore, matte.

I struggled a little in applying Jane Iredale because of its rawness. This foundation may be less taxing to buff as it’s very refined. I like to blend everything meticulously. Well it is partially my fault that I go the complicated route of using two different brushes, basically starting out with a kabuki brush and finish with a duo-fibre flat brush. I buff as usual, and do light sweeps downward. It’s sold in a pot with a rather narrow height. The sifter will keep gushing out powder. I’m thinking of de-potting it in a tighter container. As long as the powder continues to work well, I’m saddled with the steep price tag (close to 40 dollars). It’s my pleasure to recommend the BB skin mineral foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316121548760331/k2311a126/12.6.11