Spider Man Edge Of Time Game
  • Spiderman 2099's future just looks like metal and glass, which sounds cool but upon seeing the stages are boring and bleak- no personality
  • I thought that repetitive gameplay would be stuck in the 90's but I was wrong
  • I don't regret much game purchases but I feel duped

• by Keston Johnson

Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. I can relate to him better than some of the other popular ones simply because the character Peter Parker seems more human and I’m interested reading/ watching how he deals with issues all of us face in our daily lives. I have also purchased some of the games based on the Spider man franchise. I have played as him on the PC (Ultimate Spider -Man), Playstation (Spiderman 2 and Marvel vs Capcom) and even the phone (another based in the Ultimate Universe). Through all of this it gives me no great pleasure to say that Spider- Man Edge Of Time is the worst Spider Man games and one of the worst games I played recently.

I pre-ordered this game along with Arkham

City(hey I also like Batman, just a bigger Spidey fan) and I regretted buying this game. Especially when I had it delivered the same day with the Batman game. It was like night and day. And it hurt. I loved the batman game and i would encourage people to by it , but the Spider-man game? It put on a brave face but it had no content to take it seriously. I was suspicious of the choppy graphics and I hoped it would be eclipsed by excellent gameplay but I was wrong.

First off, the game’s graphics are some of the bleakest I have seen. the production values and music are good but you can’t enjoy it when the characters are rendered in a bleak soulless environment. Spiderman ...

• 2099’s future just looks like metal and glass, which sounds cool but upon seeing the stages are boring and bleak- no personality. The same goes for the present environment. The plot is ridiculous. The voice acting is laughable. Peter Parker looks nothing like he should. The voices are pretty good , the characters sounded like I expected though,so I guess that’s a plus. I even saw Val Kilmer contributing his voice….yeah, the Val Kilmer in this horrid game.

Ah yes, the gameplay! I thought that repetitive gameplay would be stuck in the 90’s but I was wrong. This game feels like a treadmill - going nowhere, no variation whatsoever. Spider-Man games have to stress on open environments but the makers of this game said “screw that! We are

going to keep Spider- man in a closed environment!” You can guess how that turned out, the camera is terrible, there is no definition of range and the special moves just feel tacked on. They are flashy but the fight scenes look like a mess. I was left to wonder if the creators of Arkham City could give a living, breathing open world to explore, what happened to the creators of Edge Of Time? They were on the edge of their bed it seems. If anyone is considering this game, don’t ….just don’t. I don’t regret much game purchases but I feel duped . Please someone bring a classic Spiderman game! No dimensions, no time travel- just good storytelling and gameplay of Spidey in New York City!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 286121548710331/k2311a126/12.6.11