LG LMV1813ST Microwave
  • I like it as it works, but it is not the most important feature
  • After reading the manual, I found out that this isn't any advanced technology
  • One thing I noticed is that when I type a longer time in the microwave, the food gets extremely hot
  • I suggest using smaller intervals such as 30 seconds to 1 minute intervals and then check after every minute

• by MisterTickle

I got this LG Microwave because my old microwave isn’t really effective anymore. Let’s just say that my old microwave wasn’t really efficient at cooking my meals. It took a whole lot longer. That was the sign to get a new microwave.

Here is just a brief description of this LG microwave. To start off with, it is completely stainless steel. This is only for the outside. The inside is still plastic. This microwave is 1.8 cubic feet. To me, this is more than enough. This is slightly bigger than my old one. However, bigger can also be better as I can cook more things at once. The power is 1100 Watts. I believe this is the standard. I shopped around and other microwaves have similar power ranges.

This microwave has two new features I have never heard of before. The first one is sensor cooking and the second one is the Quiet

Power. Quiet Power is on all the time. It simply means that it will cook my food with less noise. It is very straight forward. I like it as it works, but it is not the most important feature. The most important feature is probably the sensor cooking feature. The sensor cooking does not require a time. I simply put something in the microwave and ten press the sensor cooking button. The microwave will stop once whatever I’m cooking is steaming hot. After reading the manual, I found out that this isn’t any advanced technology. Surprisingly, it is quite simple. In this microwave, there is a built in sensor that detects steam. When I activate sensor cooking, the steam detector is also activated. When the food is hot enough, steam will be created and the microwave will stop. I was wondering how it can just use steam (water vapor) to detect whether the ...

• food is cooked or not. I later found out that microwaves mainly rely on water to cook food. It is a difficult to understand process, but it works.

My only concern with this sensor cooking feature is what about the things that don’t have a lot of water in them? In the end, I am still stuck with having to manually enter in the minutes to cook for safety reasons. In a way, this sensor cooking technology is beneficial, but don’t get the idea that everything can be sensor cooked. It is best to use sensor cooking for things such as soup, water, or other liquids.

In terms of performance in general, this microwave is more effective. In a minute an a half, I can pop a bag of popcorn. On my old microwave, it takes roughly three to four minutes depending on the brands. As for heating things such as water and

soup, it is also more effective. One thing I noticed is that when I type a longer time in the microwave, the food gets extremely hot. I suggest using smaller intervals such as 30 seconds to 1 minute intervals and then check after every minute. I have to admit that it does take slightly longer, but I find that it is a good way to prevent overcooking.

There is just one last thing to note. Before you start using this microwave, read the manual. I was quite surprised myself when the manual said somethings cannot be used with this microwave. I don’t remember the specific food items from the top of my head, but there is a list on the manual. I find that very helpful. I suggest cutting out that sheet and sticking it somewhere near the microwave as a reminder. Overall, I have no complaints and I am totally satisfied with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535121548640231/k2311a125/12.5.11