Tauck Cruise on the Rhine and Danube  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • Along the way, we were offered a wide variety of shore excursions, including castle tours, sauerkraut tasting (I prefer American kraut
  • I thought that all of the tour guides were quite knowledgeable and I came away from each location with a deeper appreciation for its history
  • I do not recommend the roast duck, but the salmon and the cranberry sherbet were delicious
  • In conclusion, I believe that our Tauck cruise was a splendid experience and a delightful opportunity to see the interior of Europe

• by fillesaine

This river cruise is absolutely fantastic. We boarded a five star river boat in Amsterdam, Netherlands and spent fifteen days sailing along the Rhine, Meine, and Danube rivers until we disembarked in Budapest. Along the way, we were offered a wide variety of shore excursions, including castle tours, sauerkraut tasting (I prefer American kraut!), and, best of all, a 25 mile bicycle ride through Austria. We visited a number of spectacular castles and cathedrals, and we were entertained by professional musicians, both on and off the ship.

Tauck made sure to provide us with plenty of free time as well so that we could tour such grand places as Vienna, Nuremburg, Rothenburg, Budapest, Passau, and Durnstein. I thought that all of the tour guides were quite knowledgeable and I came away from each location with a deeper appreciation for its history.

The service on board was almost annoyingly perfect–our rooms were cleaned twice daily and all of the meals were exceedingly opulent. I do not recommend the roast duck, but the salmon and the cranberry sherbet were ...

• delicious. Also, Tauck will deal with any food preference that you have and they ask that you tell them of any disorders when you check in. I am lactose intolerant and I was quite flabbergasted by the individual care which they put into my own plate. The Tauck crew members were very friendly and the ship was kept in pristine condition. Our rooms were relatively small, but very comfortable and beautifully-furnished. Also, there was a grand lobby, computer/sun room, massage room, and a fitness center for
        our own use. The fitness center was a huge help with all of those meals!

The cruise was quite expensive, I’ll admit. With airfare and etc., my own portion came to around $7,000.

In conclusion, I believe that our Tauck cruise was a splendid experience and a delightful opportunity to see the interior of Europe. We were treated like royalty, yet we all felt very comfortable when we were with our group. I would definitely recommend this cruise to anyone who want to see Germany and Austria in style!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 45121548440231/k2311a125/12.5.11