Family Guy 10-4: Stewie Goes for A Drive  » TV  »
1.0
  • Asking what has been happening to one of the best cartoons on television

• by sarahdragon26

I want to walk outside and scream up at the sky. Asking what has been happening to one of the best cartoons on television. Family Guy has been sinking to new lows with their Season 10, but this episode was just a sinker. It hit the iceberg and the land at the same time. It was over and dead before it had even begun. I can’t really say why this episode was even thought up. Who actually came up with the idea of having an entire show dedicated to Ryan Reynolds? If

you don’t watch Marvel or comic character movies, you have no idea who he is. It’s not like he’s Brad Pitt or Tom Hanks. So, I would really like to know what genius decided to use him?

This whole episode was like a 30 minute PR stunt to self-promote Ryan Renyolds. I have nothing against him and liked a few of his roles, but I just don’t understand why he was the focus. And the whole sense that he was starting to get gay with Peter and in a very uncomfortable way.

• It wasn’t a funny kind of sense, but more like the kind that I just felt sorry for Reynolds that he linked his name to that episode. Yes, he got his name out there with Family Guy viewers, but it was just a joke. The episode had no value, a small bit of humor, and nothing to hold me in. I actually fell asleep after the first ten minutes.

I watched the episode a second time, fastforwarding through the Ryan Renyolds’ parts for that just didn’t interested me. My husband said the

part with Stewie was funny. And it was, after rewatching it. It was the only thing that saved the episode, even if it was only a minute or two. It happens when Stewie runs away, Consuela picks him up, takes him home, and then tries to keep Stewie when Brian comes for him. Stewie shots her in the foot and just walks out like the little madman he is. Stewie is one of the characters that has not changed or really betrayed himself in this series and I hope that never happens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 105121548260231/k2311a125/12.5.11