Caddyshack 2 Movie  » Movies  »
  • While I am not one of the biggest fans of golf, I love Caddyshack 2
  • While I have seen the first Caddyshack, I saw the second movie first and I always seem to rotate back to the second film when I think about which one is my favorite out of the two
  • Since this is a golf movie, I knew there were some parts were going to be boring and slow

• by sarahdragon26

While I am not one of the biggest fans of golf, I love Caddyshack 2. And believe me, it’s not for the golf. It’s for the comedy. While I have seen the first Caddyshack, I saw the second movie first and I always seem to rotate back to the second film when I think about which one is my favorite out of the two. The first film didn’t grab me and have me laughing like the second film always seems to do.

I have never been a big fan of Chevy Chase. Something about him and his idea of comedy just never really had me laughing like many comedians

do. Yes, I’ve seen some movies where he can be funny and others were he just kills the comedy. In Caddyshack 2, I was glad to see his part was much smaller than in the first film, even thou his impact on the film was an important one. Seeing him play a stupid, air-headish kind of golfer just seems to be just his part. Maybe I’m being too hard on him, but I can’t say that he’s a great comedian when I just don’t see it some in his films.

A great comedian is Jackie Mason. Just the way he acts and does everything in the film is great.

• He’s funny and the down to earth kind of guy that you would think of when you think of someone who wants to overthrow a country club. I have always liked him, from his stand up shows, to his movies, and cameos like in History of the World Part 1. In Caddyshack 2, I love how he turns the whole country club time around on itself and makes it something fun. Sticks it right to those stuck up snobs. And adding to the comedy power of this movie, I love seeing Dan Aykroyd take over Bill Murray’s role as a sort of slow, bumbling moron. Aykroyd was great as
        he struggled to take out the Jackie Mason and kill the Gopher.

Since this is a golf movie, I knew there were some parts were going to be boring and slow. And there were. But thankfully for the comedy and the rather pesky little creature called Gopher, the movie was saved and has been loved years. If not for the comedy, the Gopher, and the out-landish idea of turning a country club into an amusement park of sorts, this movie would have been like watching someone play Tiger Woods Golf on PS3. Just boring. Thankfully, there are all those things listed above and made this movie golden. At least for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 115121548230231/k2311a125/12.5.11