Prescription Flexeril Muscle Relaxing Medicine  » Medicine  »
  • At first I noticed that the migraine was not getting any stronger but rather was actually starting to ease up a little

• by jonna_daniels

I have major issues with moderate to severe migraines. I get sick and stiff all down my neck and shoulders that leads them just aching and actually making the migraine worse. I told my doctor of this and he diagnosed me as having tension triggered migraines and prescribed me Flexeril to help with the muscle tension and the migraines. I was really afraid of what this medication would do to me but the migraines were so bad and so frequent that I knew that I had to do something. My doctor gave me a dose since I already had a migraine and told me to go straight home. I was intending to stop for groceries but he said that I needed to go home and lie down and stay there.

I had just gotten home and was lying of the couch watching television when the medication started to affect my system. At

first I noticed that the migraine was not getting any stronger but rather was actually starting to ease up a little. It was still painful but the flexeril did not allow it to get to the point of nausea or tunnel vision. Fast forward about 45 minutes I had absolutely no pain at all, I was in fact completely and utterly relaxed. I felt like someone had just poured me onto the couch. I was just completely out of it and to be quite honest I did not feel a thing as far as a headache or anything else goes. My husband said that I took a bath, watched television and did not say a word the entire night after I took the medication. He said I was completely out of it and that once I fell asleep I was out. He tried to wake me up as I had fallen ...

• asleep on the couch but he said that he could not wake me so he just ended up carrying me to bed.

Once I came back to, as my husband puts it, the land of the living I called my doctor to tell him about how I felt and to make sure that was normal. He said that it was normal but he did lessen my does some so that I would not be so out of it. The smaller dose works just as well but I don’t feel nearly as high or incapacitated. I still cannot drive mind you, but I can at least cook or talk to my husband with some clarity.

I don’t remember much about the night that I took the full dose except that I did not have a headache for long so I have to say that this stuff does work wonders for a

migraine. I don’t really know if it gets rid of the migraine or just makes you forget you ever had one. I have to say with all seriousness: do not take this medication without guidance by a licensed physician. This product is a narcotic and as such some people may develop a dependency on this.

Overall there have been several times I have been grateful for this product. It just brings relief when nothing else will. I give it a perfect 10 out of 10 as far as results and how the product works but again please talk to your doctor first and take this product with care. It will cause you to be disoriented and basically turn you into a ball of jelly. This should not be taken while driving or anything else, please wait until you are at home to take this product (and once you take it please stay at home).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261121548140531/k2311a121/12.1.11