Horrible bosses movie (2011)
  • I was a fan of Jason Bateman through his work in Arrested Development and I love his dry sense of humour
  • I thought the casting was pretty inspired
  • If you like seeing actors in new roles, like clever humour with an exciting ending and could tolerate loads of adult conversational language, or your boss just got you annoyed , I recommend Horrible Bosses for a good harmless laugh

• by Keston Johnson

First off, let me just say that the movie ‘Horrible Bosses’ was absolutely hilarious! I really had no reason to see it other than the fact that Jason Bateman was in a starring role in the movie. It also stars Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day. I was a fan of Jason Bateman through his work in Arrested Development and I love his dry sense of humour. I thought the casting was pretty inspired. The antagonists in

this movie (Aniston, Spacey, Farrell) were truly villainous. I expected this level of range from Spacey but I was surprised on how well Aniston and Farrell changed their image. Aniston was a true vamp and Farrell a huge jerk.

The movie goes at a great pace. You don’t feel that a lot of jokes were being forced on you. Many of the jokes were situational and many funny moments were achieved in conversation between the characters. It didn’t rely on toilet humour, which ...

• is a real boon to me. I am not a fan of gross out humour. Some of the funniest moments were outrageous though. This movie has a lot of strong language, but it utilises the language in totally understandable situations.

The interplay between the characters were effortless. I could have seen myself hanging out with these guys, and their problems were varied in terms of seriousness. The wonderful thing about this movie is that it continues to keep you guessing on how

far these characters will go.It continues to throw a surprise here and there leading to some really funny cameos.

The production was top - notch, it was placed in realistic conditions and didn’t feel too ‘hollywoody’ . To anyone that is interested, go see it. If you like seeing actors in new roles, like clever humour with an exciting ending and could tolerate loads of adult conversational language, or your boss just got you annoyed , I recommend “Horrible Bosses” for a good harmless laugh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111121548000531/k2311a121/12.1.11