Beneful Healthy Weight Dog Food
  • I bought this at the grocery store when I was looking for some type of weight management dog food that wasn't Pedigree because my dog refused to eat Pedigree
  • I was wary of Iams because my other dog didn't like it, so this Beneful ended up being the best option since neither of them had tried it
  • It was pricier than what I usually bought as their dry food brand, but it was definitely much cheaper than the all-natural dog food route
  • In terms of weight management, I have noticed that since using it, they have lost a few pounds each
  • I wouldn't recommend switching your dog's food right away, but I think this is a really great option for anyone looking to switch their dog food brand for whatever reason

• by Melanie Noell

I started buying this food for two reasons - one of my dogs was refusing to eat his current food, and both of my dogs had begun gaining some weight. I am now extremely faithful to this brand because no matter what dry dog food I try, nothing seems to excite my picky dog more than this one.

I bought this at the grocery store when I was looking for some type of weight management dog food that wasn’t Pedigree because my dog refused to eat Pedigree. I was wary of Iams because my other dog didn’t like it, so this Beneful ended up being the best option since neither of them had tried it. It was pricier than what I usually bought as their dry food brand,

but it was definitely much cheaper than the all-natural dog food route. Considering many of the “all-natural” dog foods get reviews as low as any other dog food, I was not about to pay top dollar for a mediocre dog food unless I had exhausted all other possibilities.

My pickier dog approached the food hesitantly, but once he had tried it, he gobbled it down much quicker than I’ve ever seen him eat. The other one ate it quickly as well. I’ve been feeding it to them for about six months now, and I’ve never had them reject this dog food. They don’t get tired of it, and they’re always happy to eat it.

In terms of weight management, I have noticed that since using it, they have lost ...

• a few pounds each. We have begun to walk a bit longer than before, but not too much, so I attribute a majority of the weight loss to the food. Their actual weight isn’t TOO much different, but they look very trim and healthy.

Another thing I like is the small kibble. My dogs are both medium-sized (30 and 50lbs), but the smaller one (the picky one!) seems to have some issues with larger kibble. He really likes these ones because he can chew a whole mouthful at once. I’m also guessing that it’s easier for them to chew and digest.

I bought a small bag at first, but now that I buy the big bag, the price isn’t too much different than the Pedigree. It’s much cheaper by

the pound to buy the largest bag, so I always get the largest one and it’s about $25-$30. It typically lasts us about a month, maybe a bit less. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a coupon that is specific to Beneful (they do have Purina ones, but my grocery store said it didn’t apply to Beneful!), so I never get any deals on it. However, I’m willing to pay more for my dog to actually eat it!

I wouldn’t recommend switching your dog’s food right away, but I think this is a really great option for anyone looking to switch their dog food brand for whatever reason. It’s an excellent weight management type of food, and the small kibble is easy on their digestion. I would definitely recommend this product.

Beneful Healthy Weight Dog Food

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930111547570330/k2311a1130/11.30.11