Turtle Beach X41 Headset
  • Upon opening the box I found the headset to be very well presented and with all of the necessary pamphlets and instructions - no need to consult the internet for any problems as they have a booklet to help with that
  • This are a necessity in my opinion as they allowed me to never run out of batteries
  • This can be changed in the router settings but most people (like myself) may not have sufficient knowledge in this and so it is a major problem
  • If I played to a professional standard I would just save up for the best though

• by bchoy

I purchased this product to help benefit me when playing online Xbox 360 games competively and also with friends. I wanted them for the ability to make use of the multi directional simulated surround sound speakers which, personally, worked very clearly. The direction from which a sound was coming from was very easy to locate and this was made easier by the bass boost function. So, don’t let the description of only being “simulated” put you off of the headset.

Upon opening the box I found the headset to be very well presented and with all of the necessary pamphlets and instructions - no need to consult the internet for any problems as they have a booklet to help with that. The headband is upholstered in leather and gives a very professional feel and it sits on top of your head taking weight off of your ears. However, even though the ear cups are around the ear they let

sound in and out very easily and at times can give you a headache as they heat up fast.

Do not use for extended periods of time as they do hurt. The rest of the headset is pretty well built though and if it does break (mine has not), it is easy to buy the replacement pieces off the turtle beach website. Also, one of my biggest problems with the headset is when it runs out of batteries.

Towards the end of the battery’s life the headset creates loud, irritating sounds which make you have to take them off. This happens often as the batteries I used “Duracell Plus AAA” batteries ran out after only 1 week of moderate use. This caused me to have to buy rechargeable batteries with the expensive price of new batteries and so I had to purchase some “Sanyo Eneloop AAA” batteries which were not actually too expensive.

This are a necessity in ...

• my opinion as they allowed me to never run out of batteries. The “wireless” feature of the headset is limited. The transmitter still has to be plugged into the Xbox and to use the chat function another wire has to be plugged into the controlled from the headset.

This wire has a built in adjuster which I found made it easy to change the chat volume on the go. The game volume is harder to reach as it is found on the headset amongst many other buttons. The transmitter causes one of the most devastating problems to wireless online use.

The transmitter uses the same frequency as my internet router and so there is often a large amount of lag or disconnection due to it. This can be changed in the router settings but most people (like myself) may not have sufficient knowledge in this and so it is a major problem. Finally the price was what prevented most

of my friends from buying them.

As we are not hardcore gamers the heavy price of £120 was a restriction. However, I found the product for only £72 and instantly I was set to buying them. But, had the price been £120 and I had an understanding of what the product was like I probably wouldn’t have bought them.

So, in my opinion, I would value the headset at around £60. Why? - For the casual gamer like me the headset is not needed (neither is any headset in my opinion) and so I would only buy these if you want some good equipment which isn’t as pricey as the Astro A40’s for example. If I played to a professional standard I would just save up for the best though.

Looks (out of 10) - 8 - Comfort (out of 10) - 4 - Value (out of 10) - 7 - Performance (out of 10)- 8 -

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630111547520330/k2311a1130/11.30.11