M&G Sketch Book  » Books  »
  • I know there are a lot of the usual kinds like Corona, but I was looking for something different
  • In all honesty, I bought it because of the cover
  • I like the texture of the cover but since I always use it, there are some folds on the cover that I'd really rather do without
  • This time I'll consider something with a different binding

• by Raziel

A few months ago, I’ve decided to go around looking for sketch books since I really want to start sketching again. I know there are a lot of the usual kinds like Corona, but I was looking for something different. Who would want to keep on staring at a plain blue cover all day anyway? To me, everything should have a touch of my personality and a plain sketch book would suck, so to my surprise, M&G actually offers one. It’s kinda cheap too (at around $1.25 or in my currency, around Php100).

M&G has all

sorts of products: pens, pencils, erasers, correction tapes, etc… and well, it pretty much has everything that a writer/paper lover like loves, and I was wondering if the sketch book was any better.

Well, for one, it’s really good. In all honesty, I bought it because of the cover. M&G sketch pads have this personalized cover that just screamed for me to buy it because every single time I look at it, an awesome cover filled with sketches glares back at me. Cutting my ramble short, seeing the sketch pad easily makes me want to draw ...

• more.

My only comment is again, the cover itself. It would have been nice if they made the cover a little bit thicker. I like the texture of the cover but since I always use it, there are some folds on the cover that I’d really rather do without.

The back cover is plain, but it’s thicker than a regular illustration board and it makes it good enough to hold with one hand while the other is busy sketching. I don’t need to place it somewhere flat to draw.

It’s well used. I keep on wondering if the

reason why I’m able to make realistic portraits and actually improve is because of the sketch book or maybe it’s the power of the eraser. I’m nearing the last few pages so I have to buy a new one.

This time I’ll consider something with a different binding. The M&G uses a spiral binding, if you know what I mean. I guess, the Corona types are cool that way because the pages can be easily peeled off.

If anyone of you guys who happen to stumble upon this know of any cheap but awesome sketch books/pads tell me~

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1729111547170230/k2311a1129/11.29.11