Dollar General Home Odor Eliminating Spray in Mountain Air Scent  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I like to try new cleaning products and often experiment with new air-fresheners
  • I have never had an issue with that aspect of the product and for a dollar it works really great

• by jonna_daniels

Ever since I can remember it has been important to me that the odors in my home are kept at a strict minimum. I cannot stand to have a stinky household and am liable to clean everything from top to bottom for days until I either find what the smell is or unwittingly eradicate it. I like to try new cleaning products and often experiment with new air-fresheners. I can across this product several months ago while shopping at my local dollar general store. I like the particular smell on most products and since this product was on sale for only a dollar I was quick to purchase this product.

I like the packaging it is a smaller sixteen fluid ounce bottle that is very easy to hold

on to and is slim enough to fit just about anywhere without being obtrusive. The trigger was nice and firm so it would not leak but also was not too stiff as to make hard or uncomfortable to squeeze.

I have to say that I did not particularly enjoy the smell of this product. It reminds me of a carpet powder in its smell. It says that it is mountain air but it smells very musty and old. The smell is also extremely strong and if I use it for more than one room at the time it gives me a massive migraine. This is a huge negative as the migraine that I get is debilitating and puts me out of commission for at least several hours if ...

• not a day or two. To be quite honest I have a very rough time overlooking this aspect of this product.

I also found that this product is very heavy as far as a spray goes and it will soak any upholstery, carpets, or drapes around it if sprayed too much. I much prefer sprays that dissolve and dry quickly without soaking the furniture. Also, this product has discolored two sets of yellow curtains in my living room. I did not realize that this product would do that but it did so between that and the migraines I have had to quit using the product.

It does work to remove odors and in all fairness it does work quite well. It only takes a few minutes and this product

will eliminate the majority of smells (including pet smells) that are in my home. I have never had an issue with that aspect of the product and for a dollar it works really great.

However overall I cannot say that I would suggest it. I cannot overlook the debilitating migraines, musty smell, and the discoloration of my curtains. I guess that in a pinch this would be a good option as it is very affordable and it really does work pretty decently. It will get rid of most of the smells in the home with relative speed and for the most part the smells will stay gone. I just do not like the product all that much and try not to use it if I can help it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328111547080430/k2311a1128/11.28.11