Waximum Waxed Leather Protector  » Clothes  »
  • For smaller boots, like ankle boots, etc. this product lasts a lot longer (obviously, because you don’t have to use as much), but a little actually goes a long way, so I didn’t have to use as large amount of wax as I thought I would, and it lasts for months (or longer, depending on climate and use)
  • I think I can get around three or four more waxes for my knee high boots out of the 3oz can I have, maybe five or six if I stretch it
  • All in all, it’s a really nice product and I recommend to all lovers of leather who don’t want to spend a lot of money replacing it all the time

• by Alanna Rosewood

My dad bought me Waximum Waxed Leather Protector from Timberland for Christmas one year, and I only recently used it on my new knee high leather boots. My boots are really warm, but water would soak through the seams because I live in a place of perpetual rain and puddles, which put a little damper on my spirits (and feet).

It also snows a lot

here, and salt ruins leather pretty quickly, so I needed to protect them ASAP.

This particular product is super easy to use and is not as messy as sprays or more fluid protectors, but it also takes a little longer because you have to rub it in and let it sit for at least 24 hours before wearing the shoes.

The wax gives the leather a great shine and it soaks in pretty quickly so the wax doesn’t get on everything it touches.

It is a relatively cheap product, but I had to use a lot of it to cover both my boots.

For smaller boots, like ankle boots, etc.

this product lasts a lot longer (obviously, because you don’t have to use as much), but a little actually goes ...

• Waximum Waxed Leather Protector
      a long way, so I didn’t have to use as large amount of wax as I thought I would, and it lasts for months (or longer, depending on climate and use).

I think I can get around three or four more waxes for my knee high boots out of the 3oz can I have, maybe five or six if I stretch it.

I also have

to comment on the packaging – the pinch top lid is so much easier than a screw on lid, but it does pop off very easily if not secured properly (which I sometimes forget when I’m in a hurry).

All in all, it’s a really nice product and I recommend to all lovers of leather who don’t want to spend a lot of money replacing it all the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5528111547040430/k2311a1128/11.28.11