Gucci Rush Gucci for Women (perfume)
  • One such designer I have become fond of recently is Gucci, and having not really tried many perfumes from this line much in the past I have found myself testing out more and more of Gucci's perfumes and being very impressed with what I'm coming across
  • The gardenia stood out far more in the opening notes I found but the freesia was also detectable in the background though was far more subtle
  • The jasmine was only just noticeable but the coriander was definitely there and took away from the whole floral fusion that seemed to be dominating
  • I really like how this smells on my skin and although I don't like the appearance of the bottle, nor the over bearing floral notes at the beginning, I found that once this started to settle on my skin it gave off a beautiful and romantic fragrance with a subtle sexiness

• by Tick Tock

Because I work in a perfume store I am in constant contact with a whole array of beautiful and wonderful smelling fragrances that I wouldn’t necessarily come across in everyday life. One such designer I have become fond of recently is Gucci, and having not really tried many perfumes from this line much in the past I have found myself testing out more and more of Gucci’s perfumes and being very impressed with what I’m coming across.

The most ‘recent discovery’ for me is Gucci Rush for women and here are my personal thoughts and honest opinions on wearing this fragrance.

I have to admit that on first appearances Gucci Rush just does nothing for me at all. The flacon is in the form of a square box which is a red/ pink in colour and appears to be chunky and cumbersome. There is little decoration apart from the bright

colour and the logo down the side in a bold font so for me it doesn’t score on attractiveness at all. There is a small hole near to the top where the perfume emits and though it’s aiming for a trendy and unusual look it just comes across as a bit too plain and simplistic, but it’s how it smells on the skin at the end of the day.

Gucci Rush is made up of the following notes:

*Top Notes*

Freesia Gardenia

*Heart Notes*

Turkish Rose Coriander Jasmine

*Base Notes*

Vetiver Vanilla Patchouli

So what is wearing Gucci Rush like and would I recommend it to others? Firstly I didn’t let the clunky bottle deter me from trying this perfume as I had been wanting to test it for a while (it was released in 1999) but simply never got around to it. On spritzing a few drops of this on to my pulse ...

• points I became aware of a strong floral element and was slightly worried that the whole perfume would be too floral for me. The gardenia stood out far more in the opening notes I found but the freesia was also detectable in the background though was far more subtle.

Onto the heart notes now and when the fragrance really started to settle on to my skin - after around fifteen to twenty minutes - the turkish rose really stood out. I am not a big fan of floral themed fragrances at all but do make an exception for anything with rose in it as I find it such a sweet and romantic scent that I can’t help but be seduced by the smell. The jasmine was only just noticeable but the coriander was definitely there and took away from the whole floral fusion that seemed to be dominating.

Once the dry

down began, I found the perfume took on a whole new facade and was deeper and more sultry. The vetiver and patchouli were responsible for creating a deeper warmth and the pretty vanilla note added a definite sweetness that was lacking from the scent.

I really like how this smells on my skin and although I don’t like the appearance of the bottle, nor the over bearing floral notes at the beginning, I found that once this started to settle on my skin it gave off a beautiful and romantic fragrance with a subtle sexiness.

I would urge women to try this of all ages as it’s a really surprising scent that is captivating and unobtrusive at the same time. I found it a little heavy for during the day time so have relegated it to evening wear only but it’s a lovely fragrance I wish I’d have come across before.

It gets 9 out of 10 from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625111546880330/k2311a1125/11.25.11