Cashmere Mist Liquid Nude by Donna Karan (perfume for her)
  • As I work in a perfume store I get to 'test' new fragrances which if I like I buy for myself - it's a win win situation really
  • The tonka is always a good choice as I find it to add a slight coffee hint and combined with the musk and suede it was a perfect choice in my opinion though strangely is often overlooked
  • The benzoin and white musk were both noticeable but were more of a subtle scent in the background though were definitely present
  • I really love and adore this fragrance as it is such a light and whimsical fragrance when first worn yet deepens and becomes stronger as the time goes on - normally the other way around
  • I have yet to be disappointed with anything from Donna Karan anyway and this is certainly one of the best from the collection in my opinion

• by Tick Tock

I have always been a big fan of Donna Karan and in particular her fragrances. As I work in a perfume store I get to ‘test’ new fragrances which if I like I buy for myself - it’s a win win situation really. When I heard about Cashmere Mist Liquid Nude by Donna Karan I was eager to try it as it sounded simply wonderful and just my sort of fragrance.

The flacon this is presented in is very simplistic and easy on the eye. The bottle is tall and elegant with a slight curvature to it that reminds me of an elegant woman’s figure standing tall, I don’t know whether this is supposed to be the impression it gives but this is certainly what comes to my mind when I look at it.

The colouring is very pale and represents the ‘nude’ aspect perfectly

and though the bottle has a simple look to it the appearance is all the same very striking and aesthetically pleasing.

The composition is made up from the following notes:

~Top notes~ Lily of the valley Cyclamen Orange blossom

~Heart notes~ Ylang ylang Sandalwood Moroccan Jasmine Indian Jasmine Labdanum

~Base notes~ Tonka Musk Suede White amber Benzoin

It is available in a 50 ml EDP and is described as being gentle, warm and sensual..so what are my thoughts on wearing it?

On spritzing this a few times on my skin I was truly captivated by it’s femininity and sensual charm. The opening notes of lily of the valley are delicate but mingle well with the warmth of the orange blossom and the smell is simply divine. I couldn’t tell if cyclamen was present though which is an unfortunate shame but nevertheless the other two notes far made up for the lack of ...

• it’s presence.

The heart notes were the key ingredients here and the two jasmines were the domineering notes there was no denying it. I couldn’t tell which was which though but there was a stronger jasmine scent and a slightly sweeter and lighter version which created a very pretty heart. The sandalwood, ylang ylang and labdanum gave the fragrance the warmth it required to stop it from being overly floral (a pet hate of mine).

Once the dry down began the perfume took an even deeper twist and turn and became far more sultry and sexy with the base notes. The tonka is always a good choice as I find it to add a slight coffee hint and combined with the musk and suede it was a perfect choice in my opinion though strangely is often overlooked. The benzoin and white musk were both noticeable but were

more of a subtle scent in the background though were definitely present.

I really love and adore this fragrance as it is such a light and whimsical fragrance when first worn yet deepens and becomes stronger as the time goes on - normally the other way around. I have yet to be disappointed with anything from Donna Karan anyway and this is certainly one of the best from the collection in my opinion. It literally oozes elegance and sensuality and is the epitome of being female and I for one just am captivated with it.

Though this comes across as light in comparison with some other fragrances, I still found it to be a little to much for general day time wearing and it seems to suit my mood much more on an evening.

This is perfect if you are looking for a feminine scent that makes you feel sexy and confident and if I could give this 11 out of 10 then I would.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625111546870330/k2311a1125/11.25.11