Schick Intuition Razor
1.0
  • I bought this razor at Target when I found a $3 off coupon online for it
  • I was really excited because I thought it was the same as the razor I usually use (Venus Embrace), but I was sadly disappointed
  • I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone

• by Melanie Noell

I bought this razor at Target when I found a $3 off coupon online for it. I was really excited because I thought it was the same as the razor I usually use (Venus Embrace), but I was sadly disappointed.

When I first saw the razor at the store, it looked a bit similar to the Venus line of razors. I didn’t really notice the incredible difference until I got home and took it out of the packaging. The razor blade itself is exactly the same as a 4-blade disposable razor which you can buy in bulk for

much cheaper than this razor. They added a thick layer of soap around the razor to negate the need for shaving cream, which would be nice for people with sensitive skin were it not for the fact that the awkward shape of the soap-encased razor is difficult to use. They basically put a fancy handle on it that is probably the only good thing about the razor. At least you can have a good grip while using this awful product.

The absolute worst thing is that it’s extremely difficult to maneuver this razor. It does a terrible job ...

• at giving a close shave, even on simple areas like legs. Armpits take several passes to get close enough, and just forget about using it anywhere else. I nicked myself the first time trying to force the razor closer to my skin, which is pretty impressive considering the large clump of soap they attached. And because it takes multiple passes, the razor dulls extremely quickly. The soap is also gone after about five uses.

Finally, the pricing is ridiculous for this product. I would never have bought this product without the coupon. It was over $8 for the

razor plus one replacement cartridge. Considering this razor is a glorified disposable with some soap around it, it is not worth it. I would have been much better off buying a package of disposable razors. It would have been cheaper and a better value.

I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. It’s awful. It’s too expensive and it’s simply not a good razor. The company obviously dumped a ton of money into making a fancy handle to make it LOOK like the Venus brand; unfortunately, they forgot to make the actual razor match up to Venus. Stay away!

Schick Intuition Razor

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125111546810330/k2311a1125/11.25.11