Asus G74 gaming laptop
  • It is not a secret that Asus is well known for building solid laptops for all kind of people, whether you are looking for a laptop to travel with, or a desktop replacement, Asus is one the best places to search for your laptop
  • On the other, in my opinion it's still not better than a desktop
  • It's powerful, beautiful, sweet, and not too expensive considering it's a laptop, but there are two big factors that really kills the experience for me which is what I think are the most important aspects of a laptop, weight and battery life
  • It just doesn't feel right, but then again it's because I like mobility
  • I really think that your best option when you want a laptop but also want something to play videogames on is to build your own desktop for 600-800 bucks, and spend 400-600 for another lighter model with more battery, I recommend other models from Asus or from other brands

• by Lightsaga

Most people who knows about laptops knows about Asus. It is not a secret that Asus is well known for building solid laptops for all kind of people, whether you are looking for a laptop to travel with, or a desktop replacement, Asus is one the best places to search for your laptop.

The G74 is one of Asus newest laptop, made specifically for gamers, does it fulfill it’s role well and is worth the price of 1200+ bucks? I say it depends.

On one side, it is

very powerful, runs any game you throw at it at the highest defitition without a sweet, and doesn’t get too hot; something most other gaming laptops can’t pull off that well. On the other, in my opinion it’s still not better than a desktop.

It’s powerful, beautiful, sweet, and not too expensive considering it’s a laptop, but there are two big factors that really kills the experience for me which is what I think are the most important aspects of a laptop, weight and battery life. It is very heavy and needs it’s own special laptop bag to carry, not too comfortable to take around to places. Plus if you want to take it out with you somewhere outside, tough luck, the battery won’t last you enough for you to enjoy it. On a balanced settings it gives me at most 2 hours of battery life, and that’s without running games or anything heavy. It just doesn’t feel right, but then again it’s because I like mobility.

I really think that your best option ...

• Asus G74 gaming laptop
      when you want a laptop but also want something to play videogames on is to build your own desktop for 600-800 bucks, and spend 400-600 for another lighter model with more battery, I recommend other models from Asus or from other brands. But this is if you are like me and wants the best out of their money.

If you really want to be able to game on the go any game on the highest settings, and don’t want to stick with a dekstop, I say the

ASUS G74 is not a bad choice at all if you don’t mind the extra weight and the short battery.

For it’s price, the storage (500+GB) and power of this machine is very worth it for a serious gamer. But if you are not a hardcore gamer or rather spend your money more wisely, I say go for a cheaper but more portable laptop.

In short, it’s a good buy, but there are other better choices. IMO it will only be the best buy for very few kind of people.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6325111546780330/k2311a1125/11.25.11