Huawei Pinnacle phone  » Phones  »
  • I know, it was bound to happen sooner or later right
  • It looked almost exactly like the Freeform and the price was definitely attractive
  • It takes amazing pictures and has a built in MP3 player and takes video as well
  • Second, after a couple weeks I noticed that my phone freezes sometimes

• by HeavenStone

About a month ago I dropped my phone in the toilet. I know, it was bound to happen sooner or later right? I tried everything to save it but sadly it died on me and I had to mourn the loss, suck it up and buy a new phone.

I have MetroPCS phone service so I logged on to the website and began browsing through their list of phones. I liked my old Samsung Freeform

so I knew that I wanted a phone very similar to it. I stumbled upon the Huawei Pinnacle and liked it instantly. It looked almost exactly like the Freeform and the price was definitely attractive. Only $39.99.

I went to the store and bought it and again, was happy with it. It takes amazing pictures and has a built in MP3 player and takes video as well. The buttons are very easy to see and ...

• push. I know with a lot of phones, the keyboard buttons tend to be too small and you wind up hitting more than one.

Now to tell you about the cons, there aren’t many but there are some to talk about. One of the main disappointments is it takes forever to load pictures and the internet. It can be very frustrating when you’re out and you’re trying to find a phone number to a business

or you want to show someone a picture you took recently. Second, after a couple weeks I noticed that my phone freezes sometimes. I have to take the battery out and restart it. It does this for no apparent reason. It could just be this particular phone, or it could be because the phone is a new model and still has glitches. Either way, I still think this is a great phone for a great price.

Paulie says :

Hi, just following up to find out if you still have it and if the freezing issues were resolved. I`m thinking of buying it too.

tara says :

Hi, Curious about this model. Are you still happy with it? Similar experience with my Motorola Stunt quitting unexpectedly and I need am immediate replacement. I am attracted to the picture video capability. how many pics can you store and how easy is it to transfer to PC? Really appreciate your review, Tara

Galega says :

I think the problem you are facing is related to short memory space, especially blocked cached memory. I would suggest you to free cache memory as much as you can and as much as possible. Go into Settings Storage and tap on Cached Data, then select ok to clear data.

Android has blocked Huawei and you should not expect any more Android update. You will miss many popular apps. Not worth investing money in this brand, IMHO.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3725111546740330/k2311a1125/11.25.11